Panasonic rechargeable battery charger $24 Costco

nonbox

Banned
Panasonic rechargeable nimh battery charger comes with 4 AA batteries & 2 AAA batteries, car lighter plug, carrying pouch and it is $24 at Costco. This is a newer design. The charger unit has a lcd display on it. It takes only 90 minutes to charge a battery.

Is this Panasonic as good as a Maha Powerex C401FS?

Should I buy the Panasonic or spend the extra money on a Maha Powerex C401FS?

I would like to hear your opinion on this Panasonic if you own it.

oldtimer

Enlightened
Re: Panasonic rechargeable battery charger $24 Cos

As far as I know, those chargers were in Canada two years ago and were phased out just a couple of months ago. My friend bought one of those and I use an old 204 to charge Energizer 2300s for our digicams (we both have A80s). I don't know if it's just me but I seem to be able to squeeze ini a couple extra shots with mine. Of course this is very unscientific.

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened

The Costco pack I purchased has 8 2300 mAh AA batteries, and 2 780mAh batteries.

At that price, use the Panasonic charger as a back up, and purchase the FS.

I doubt it will be as good as the FS.

The operating inststructions do not refer to a trickle mode. It says to remove batteries after they receive a full charge. The good news is that the charger has 4 separate charging circuits.

The advantage I see is the capability of taking power from a USB connection (with the proper USB cable). It has a 12v car adapter included.

It may/may not have temperature sensing as there seems to be a superfluous strip of metal underneath each battery

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened

Not as far as I can tell. The display shows no activity.

If I take them out of the charger 12 hours later they are room temperature. Not hot/warm.

nonbox

Banned

There's a cosco $19.99 coupon for the Panasonic rechargeable battery charger.

I would like to hear opinions on this charger from owners of this product. Is it worth buying?

http://www.geocities.com/nonbox/