Pandemic supply chain in your area

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
... 24V charger,... it went up $55 over five weeks.
For a charger in stock, sitting on the shelf.

yea,, inflation

It's worth whatever current market conditions dictate. You wouldn't sell your house for what you paid for it 10 years ago, right?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Construction costs, price per square foot, to build has risen exponentially since last year. That's how insurance companies figure the value, based on the cost to replace dwelling.. Worth? It's not necessarily what the market will bare but what customers are willing to pay. Supply & demand :broke:

3_gun

Enlightened
Hit up the local spots today (BJ's & Marc's) doing a bit of food shopping. Found a few bare spots on the shelves. Some prices up more than other but up pretty much up across the board. As a boy scout & hillbilly, not to worried about shortages of less than a year. Might not eat as well as I'd like but I've got can goods, coffee, sugar, tea, freeze dried meals, etc to keep going for awhile if the worse happens

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here on the West side, CVS has canned tuna and salmon on sale. Between fresh Coho when available (right now!) Canned fish is a staple food for us when not eating fresh from the ocean or river

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Can't help wondering if we all got more sensitized by empty spaces on shelves after the purchasing/supply behavior that occurred during the full swing of the COVID times. Now days, a lot of places are just about fully stocked.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Here on the West side, CVS has canned tuna and salmon on sale. Between fresh Coho when available (right now!) Canned fish is a staple food for us when not eating fresh from the ocean or river
I remember when shelves were depleted of canned tuna, the 75 cent all the way to the $5 a can kind. 😱
When it returned we stocked up 4 cans at a time so as not to be "one of those" people but after a few weeks I had quite a stack of canned tuna.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, all the Costco’s I’ve been to lately are out of chicken feed. Dog food is skyrocketing in price and starting to run low. Chips have shot up in price. $6.69 for a bag of Doritos, was under $5. Batteries keep going up. No rechargeable or lithium options anymore. Kirkland AA or AAA 48 pk. is $16.49. Duracell 40 pk. is $18.99. I remember getting the 20 packs of AA Energizer lithium batteries just a year or two ago on clearance for $10-$15. Now they are $49 online. Dealing with blackouts will be expensive for a lot of people this year.

At the grocery store, you can’t really stock up much. They don’t have much. When I get soda, I buy 8 bottles. Have to buy in sets of 4 to get their “deal” and I don’t want to waste the gas driving there more than every week or two. 8 bottles usually cleans them out with one or two choices selected. Many items are about the same. They have enough to get one or two people through a week with one item before they’re out. What there isn’t a shortage of usually has a limit of one or two. Don’t worry about being the one to take the last of something. They won’t reorder it unless people buy it. Let them know they need to have more in stock. If you need it, get it. Shortages are already occurring.

scout24

Staff member
HOF- Your last four words need to resonate with a lot more people. It may not be your brand of item "x" that's in short supply today, but it's been creeping in slowly and been normalized. I forget the source, but someone wise said things happen slowly, then all of a sudden. A little bit extra here and there adds up. I tell my kids to buy it today if you can, it'll never be cheaper than it is today. (Canned goods, batteries, etc.) On the plus side, the last week's weather here has been absolutely beautiful. The garden is loving it, peas are being harvested, and our wild berries are in full production.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Battery Junction, an EXCELLENT vendor,
has THIS display on their website --
Notice the prices on Energizer L91 and L92 in 24-packs.

But when you CLICK on 'em,
they show you their ACTUAL price
is now $ 68.00 for Each !
:-(

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery Junction, an EXCELLENT vendor,
has THIS display on their website --
Notice the prices on Energizer L91 and L92 in 24-packs.

But when you CLICK on 'em,
they show you their ACTUAL price
is now $ 68.00 for Each !
:-(

I show $49

1656704979231.png

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batteryjunction doesn’t sell 24 packs of lithium AAs and AAAs. They’re 20 packs. Website says $49. If price is higher when clicked on, that would stink.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Battery Junction certainly *DOES* sell
24 packs of L91 and L92.
(6 little boxes of 4 in the package)
I've bought them multiple times already !

And I've just tried AGAIN,
and they both STILL show 'em at $ 68.00
:confused:
< me puzzled >

Burgess

Flashaholic
And just to be perfectly clear,
I am NOT casting any negatives on Battery Junction.
I'm sure this is simply just a mistake on their part.

Just wanted to illustrate the rapid Increase in price.

Burgess

Flashaholic

Burgess

Flashaholic
FWIW,
(on my PC) it shows $ 37.15
for a 24 pack of L91 / AA.

L92 / AAA is 40 cents cheaper

aznsx

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
FWIW,
(on my PC) it shows $ 37.15
for a 24 pack of L91 / AA.

L92 / AAA is 40 cents cheaper
Their UNIT price for L91 is $2.50USD. That is a 'Bulk' price, whereby they take large containers of them, then re-pack them in different quantities in plain white boxes of the appropriate size. i usually get packs of 20.

They also sell some L91 in factory (AKA 'store / retail') packaging in different quantities. They obviously cost more, and are not generally what one should order unless they have a specific need for factory packaging. That's the way it's been at BJ for many years now. And yes, the ones I get are fairly fresh.

aznsx

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Their UNIT price for L91 is $2.50USD. That is a 'Bulk' price, whereby they take large containers of them, then re-pack them in different quantities in plain white boxes of the appropriate size. i usually get packs of 20.

They also sell some L91 in factory (AKA 'store / retail') packaging in different quantities. They obviously cost more, and are not generally what one should order unless they have a specific need for factory packaging. That's the way it's been at BJ for many years now. And yes, the ones I get are fairly fresh.
Sorry - guess I should've included the link for clarity.
Also, they may have other options I haven't checked out, but this is the way I always order them.

EDIT: For grins, I just looked up an order I did for 20 L91s back in 2015, and I paid $35.00. Today that would be $49.00. What's that, about $2 / year on 20? Yes, inflation is real:)

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
More bad news for the supply chain. Yesterday, the U.S. Supreme Court decided not to rule on California Law A.B.5. What this means is all independent truck operators in California were given a week to shut down all operations in California permanently. This means in 6 days, 70,000 truck drivers delivering our goods will no longer be working. Stock up now. The supply chain is about to break.

Latest posts