Pandemic supply chain in your area

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aldi is raising prices of some of it's food products 20-50%. Things like meats, oils, wheat products (pasta, bread, flour), and butter are getting pricy.

At least the Albertsons, Vons, and Ralph's grocery store strike seems like it might not happen now.

tango44

Enlightened
Chains supply problems???

I CALL IT LAZY PEOPLE!

The Covid excuse is perfect for all the ones that don't want to work but want a check...

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over a million people have now died in the U.S. due to Covid. On top of that, people have been forcibly removed from the workforce if they didn't or couldn't get their Covid shots. A lot of people were nearing retirement age and chose to retire early rather than to put up with all of that stuff. All of that has left a huge loss of skilled labor in the market that may take years or decades to regain. Without skilled labor to train new employees, there are only so many new employees a company can take on. This has nothing to do with people being lazy. It has to do with trying to recover from a pandemic coupled with being crippled by mandates that are reducing our workforce. On top of that, we have a bird flu epidemic killing off the chickens driving up the price of chicken and eggs. We have Covid coming back in China which has shut down their ports again. We have what's going on with Russia driving up oil, fertilizer, and wheat prices. Brazil isn't getting their fertilizer from Russia so that's driving up prices of coffee, soy, sugar, etc.. There was a railroad strike in Canada affecting fertilizer as well. Rebels from Yemen attacked a Saudi Oil Refinery driving up the price of diesel. With so many fuel and fertilizer shortages, urea, a type of fertilizer used in Adblue used to run Diesel engines is in short supply. If the trucks have a hard time getting the product to the stores, the prices go up.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

I CALL IT LAZY PEOPLE!

The Covid excuse is perfect for all the ones that don't want to work but want a check...
Good news for all you Blue Diamond almond lovers, CA warehouses are packed full..
The bad news is they're having distribution issues. Are there any truck drivers wanting a job?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread and life in general have been depressing lately. Thought I'd try something different for a change. Here's a song to lift your spirits when life kicks you down and help you through the difficult times. It's called What Faith Can Do by Kutless:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lyrics to aforementioned song:

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining
I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do
It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing
That's what faith can do
Overcome the odds
You do have a chance
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can!
That's what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

fuyume

Enlightened

I CALL IT LAZY PEOPLE!

1649356703705.jpeg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you living in China, I'm sorry you have to go through the Covid lockdowns all over again. I hope you stay safe and don't run out of food. Here's a news article of their current situation in Shanghai:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61019975

For those of us living in the U.S., with China locked down, expect the supply disruptions to get really bad. Stock up now while you can. We're about to run out of food and supplies.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
HoF,, I just came from a Vons clone super market called Safeway.. There's plenty k9 milk bones available today. They are not only pretty tasty, they'll also keep your teeth clean "removes unwanted tartar"

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, but I think I'll eat some of the pets before I eat the pet food. The chickens are first. Then whatever squirrels and rabbits are roaming the backyard. Hope I never have to eat a cat or dog. Some climbers in Yosemite lived on pet food in the early days until a plane full of weed crashed and they cashed out on the drugs. I know pet food has to be safe for human consumption, but I don't know if I could stomach it. Unfortunately, today there is actually a shortage on pet food because some of the ingredients are being diverted into products for people food.

HoF,, I just came from a Vons clone super market called Safeway.. There's plenty k9 milk bones available today. They are not only pretty tasty, they'll also keep your teeth clean "removes unwanted tartar"

Removes unwanted tartar?! Are you kidding? I slather my fish in that stuff. It's delicious!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I would prefer kitty food but that's in short supply now. Has been for a while actually.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Thanks, but I think I'll eat some of the pets before I eat the pet food. The chickens are first. Then whatever squirrels and rabbits are roaming the backyard. Hope I never have to eat a cat or dog. Some climbers in Yosemite lived on pet food in the early days until a plane full of weed crashed and they cashed out on the drugs. I know pet food has to be safe for human consumption, but I don't know if I could stomach it. Unfortunately, today there is actually a shortage on pet food because some of the ingredients are being diverted into products for people food.
The only local "wildlife" by me worth eating would be the raccoons. Stray cats generally don't have much meat. And squirrels even less. I had two nice fat raccoons who got into the garage last year. If things get really bad I'll try to entice them back.