Pandemic-the light at the end of the tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vaccinating without covid testing is criminal - giving a vaccine to someone who has covid can trigger a cytokine storm, the hyper immune response that often causes death.

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
I listen to the doctors too....

Attachments

• 50FBbIDGXkx5poDs.mp4
    3.4 MB

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
Vaccinating without covid testing is criminal - giving a vaccine to someone who has covid can trigger a cytokine storm, the hyper immune response that often causes death.

Not only could it be potentially dangerous, there is no need to. If you have been infected with Sars-Cov2 you will have a better immune response than the mRNA treatment, possibly for lifetime. No boosters needed!

SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

Substantial immune memory is generated after COVID-19, involving all four major types of immune memory.

Had COVID? You’ll probably make antibodies for a lifetime​

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its very bad in my town there is zero hospital beds! they just leave the patients in ambulance .treat them in ambulance

turbodog

Flashaholic
its very bad in my town there is zero hospital beds! they just leave the patients in ambulance .treat them in ambulance

Yes. Be careful dude. You and both live in the south, and unless something changes a lot... things are gonna get rough.

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
Top 5 deadliest states concerning Covid 19.

#1 New Jersey, #2 New York, #3 Mississippi, #4 Massachusetts, #5 Rhode Island.

Keep in mind this not totals but per capita.

I think we can all agree four of the top five had very tight lockdowns, mask mandates, and likely a much higher vaccination rate.

My poor uneducated, unsophisticated, knuckle dragging state of Missouri ranks 29th. We had no statewide lockdown or mask mandate. Some counties and cities locked down and mandated masks. My particular county, Jefferson, has had no lockdowns or mask mandates and believe me, nobody wears the masks.. When St. Louis City and County shut down all the restaurants those folks flocked to shop and eat in our county as we butt up to St .Louis. We've had a little more than two hundred total deaths in a year and half.

Even with all the "super spreaders" at Lake of the Ozarks on national news we managed to do something right....

I know, we're just fly over country...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-141708.png
    Screenshot_20210819-141708.png
    904.1 KB · Views: 34

jtr1962

Flashaholic
You're comparing apples and oranges. The East Coast was hit first and hit hard. We had a bunch of things working against us. No real treatments at the time, much higher population density, an influx of travelers from overseas. It hit us so hard we needed a lock down to get things under control. As it was, NYC had over 25,000 deaths in the first wave. Without the steps we took to slow it down, that number easily would have been a quarter million. Covid didn't really start hitting the rest of the country until mid summer last year. By then we had some treatments.

Look at how the northeast has fared since that first wave in spring 2020 compared to the rest of the country. You're bragging about being #29 but let's look at the difference in per capita death rates. NJ is 3010 per million people. Missouri is 1757 per million people. That's about 40% less. This is despite being hit later when we had more treatments. It's also despite having a MUCH lower population density which should have greatly worked to your advantage. But the bottom line is there aren't huge differences amount US states at this point compared to the rest of the world. New Hampshire is #44 at 1027 deaths per million people. That's only 1/3 the death rate of the worst state. The US overall was 1926 (20th worst in the world out of over 220 countries). Let's look at some figures for the rest of the world:

Deaths per 1 million persons:
Canada: 703
Finland: 182
Japan: 123
Australia: 85
Vietnam: 73
South Korea : 43
Hong Kong: 28
Singapore: 8
New Zealand: 5
China: 3 (I take this number with a huge grain of salt)
Tanzania: 0.8

The country which did the worst so far was Peru at 5902. More than 3 orders of magnitude difference from worst to first. Same disease everywhere. Maybe masks, lock downs, and vaccinations really do make a difference. Bragging that your state was somewhere in the middle of the pack in a country which handled the pandemic horribly by any objective measure is like putting lipstick on a pig. Even more so when you consider that being hit later, combined with a lower population density, were already working in your favor. If you took similar measures as the northeast states did your state probably would have had a death rate of 100 or 200, not 1757. Your lax attitude easily resulted in 10 times as many deaths. Delta isn't done with us, either. The deaths are still ticking up fastest in the states which are refusing to adopt measures recommended by experts.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
This was reported August 17, 2021

CDC information shows Louisiana has the worst seven-day COVID-19 death rate with six deaths per 100,000 residents, followed by Arkansas (5.5 deaths per capita); Nevada (4.3 deaths per capita); and Missouri (3.3 deaths per capita).

The delta variant began ravaging Missouri in June, causing a big rise in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Experts lay much of the blame on Missouri’s low vaccination rate. The CDC says 50.2% of Missourians have initiated vaccination, compared to 59.8% of all Americans.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
mjlamb,
As jtr1962 stated you are comparing apples to oranges, and he makes many points.

The population density in Hudson County NJ is 15,000 per square mile
The density in NJ overall is 1,200 per square mile
The density in Missouri is a mere 89 pre square mile.

In comparison to Missouri, all of New Jersey is a continual super spreader event.

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
According to the CDC 99.9% of those 65+ in Hawaii have been vaccinated. Also, according to the state of Hawaii, cases for those 65+ in Hawaii are at an all-time record and growing "exponentially". Must be the 0.1% ruining it for everyone.

Attachments

• E9H9tCKVoAMgJ21.jpeg
    E9H9tCKVoAMgJ21.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.