Pandemic-the light at the end of the tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
According to the CDC 99.9% of those 65+ in Hawaii have been vaccinated. Also, according to the state of Hawaii, cases for those 65+ in Hawaii are at an all-time record and growing "exponentially". Must be the 0.1% ruining it for everyone.
post a link not just a jleg. i can post a jpeg that im.miss america. but that dont make it true

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
I'm one of the few folks that post links in this thread. I'm not interested in fact checkers or what the news says, they lie. Let's see some links to studies, medical journal articles, doctor interviews with some findings. etc.

Poppy

Flashaholic
current information is more important than historical info. IMO.
The states that you mentioned were hit hard early on when there was NO treatment. Therefore that slants their numbers negatively, when you include numbers from the beginning of time. More than a year later, look at the numbers, for the last few months. The North Eastern states are doing better than your state. That is despite the fact that their population has a density ten times yours.

I don't know... what are you trying to prove? Masks and vaccines are a ruse?

turbodog

Flashaholic
You can waste tons of time looking at the input side of equation, or you can take the aggregate of all that by looking at current stats compared to prior time, other states, and other countries.

We are preparing for the collapse of MS hospital system.

The real question is... although blue (or better vaccinated) states aren't climbing as quickly as TX, LA, MS, AL, FL... will they eventually rise to unsustainable levels also, just not as quickly as we have? My bet is 75% yes.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o boy are governor is out of his damn mind im in georgia i worked to get stacey ellected but i guess i was out of luck

jtr1962

Flashaholic
The real question is... although blue (or better vaccinated) states aren't climbing as quickly as TX, LA, MS, AL, FL... will they eventually rise to unsustainable levels also, just not as quickly as we have? My bet is 75% yes.
The positive test numbers have leveled off in NYC after rising from 0.5% to 4%:

Of course, school hasn't started yet. I'm predicting another bump, and then we go back to remote learning because in-person school is untenable. Then the numbers start back down. A lot of the vaccine holdouts also seem to be getting vaccinated. Hopefully things won't get out of control here.

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened
conspiracy.jpeg

turbodog

Flashaholic
That pretty much seems to be his/her only purpose for posting here. One flashlight-related post, the rest in this thread.

Yup. I still smell a rat.

Highly improbable and coincidental that a zero-post person just happens to show up in probably the most highly-contentious thread on the platform.

Historically, this action tends to be a secondary account by an existing member.

We didn't even get a 'hi everyone' intro post.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Highly improbable and coincidental that a zero-post person just happens to show up in probably the most highly-contentious thread on the platform.

Historically, this action tends to be a secondary account by an existing member.

Why does that matter?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rats are one of my fav pets some are so smart smarter then many dog breeds .

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. we are so screwed . .

Your continuing to cast aspersions is bad form. Post reported.

mjlamb

Newly Enlightened

Post history is important for sure. While you speculate about me due to my lack of one... Yours is extensive and telling.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Why does that matter?
It normally wouldn't if the person in question (actually two people, mjlamb and xxo, although I suspect this might be the same person posting under two accounts) wasn't posting easily disproven conspiracy theories. Moreover, posting stuff like this has already unnecessarily cost the lives of people who actually believe it. There are plenty of other places to post this kind of garbage. Most are echo chambers where you won't even get people disagreeing with you.

The rest of us here are open to discussing things like vaccines being less effective against the delta variant, or maybe that some masks work better than others. But when the tone is "no masks, no vaccines, no distancing, no restrictions" because "freedom", you just lost any credibility. Why is there three orders of magnitude difference in death rates between countries which handled this the worst versus the best? Maybe these measures actually are effective? If not, death rates might be similar everywhere, or at least within the same order of magnitude.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
this is a rough subject but i know all the posters in this thread are good humans. we all love lights. its just a crazy subject

Status
Not open for further replies.