Parallel Universes Exist

A

Enlightened
None of it is going to matter when CERN turns on the Large Hadron Collider, or LHC.

Things will prolly get ugly, a la "Half-Life" the computer game, or maybe even "Out Of This World" anyone remember that game?....

I forsee mini black holes and things uncovered that should not be....

Then again, it's late and i'm a few beers down...

-chris

I think the general consensus is that the LHC is not likely to get anywhere near the energy levels needed for micro black holes and that, even if it did, the black holes would evaporate within a fraction of a second anyways so no harm done.

MarNav1

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of an oxymoron, ie Jumbo shrimp? If we cant access the "other universe" it's kind of moot isn't it? I like the Bill Gates idea though.

R

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point 1 what difference does it make to use if there is a second parallel universe to ours or even more? We can't even get out of our own solar system yet. Let alone a single galaxy or the entire universe.

Larry Niven, Harry Harrison, and H. Beam Piper wrote some classic stories involving parallel universes and travel between them. Exploration, invasion from a universe to the one next door, warfare between them, etc.

It's possible that such travel could be much easier to accomplish than interstellar space travel, assuming they actually exist.

S

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
I say this stuff is too complex for mankind to comprehend. At least at the moment, we may evolve into a higher intellectual being, who knows. I can't possibly believe an electric charge moving in our brain when we decide something could possibly split the universe, our actions are not random, they do no have different outcomes. If we are in the exact conditions every time our brain is not going to do something different because its our dna that programmed the brain, so technically we would always make the same decision. If you program a calculator its not going to say 3*3 = 9, 1,000 times and then change its mind and say wait i want to make it 10. Do you guys understand what I mean? (apologies, lets just say I'm not above the influence tonight)

tdurand

tdurand

Enlightened
Hey isn't it cool that all of us are right?(At least in our own universe) :laughing:

T

S

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Yeah lol, if parallel universes existed then the big bang could have infinite amount of outcomes, and only one would have amounted in the creation of earth, which would mean we would be the only of our type. Any other universes may have different physics then ours. THAT i'd like to see

Trashman

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah lol, if parallel universes existed then the big bang could have infinite amount of outcomes, and only one would have amounted in the creation of earth, which would mean we would be the only of our type. Any other universes may have different physics then ours. THAT i'd like to see

Why would only one of the infinite amount of outcomes of the big bang result in the creation of earth, unless of course, you're talking about a parallel universe where that is precisely what happened. (lol)Really, though, I don't see any reason why more than one parallel universe couldn't contain an earth.