Paul Harvey's advice on batteries

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul Harvey\'s advice on batteries

Paul Harvey said today in his news report that if your batteries die on you, you can take them out and gently tap them end to end, negative terminal to negative terminal, and you can get up to 15% percent more life out of them. Now we all know that if you let dead batteries rest for a spell, you can get a very small second life out of them but does Paul Harvey's advice increase this further still? I have never heard of doing that before.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: Paul Harvey\'s advice on batteries

(bashes two car batteries together) nope.. doesn't work for me. I have a feeling this is bogus as anytime I hear the phrase *up to* I get the feeling most of the time the quantity falls far below the figure quoted.

vacuum3d

Enlightened

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe anything Paul Harvey says other than the news. Well, The Rest of The Story has some entertainment value as well. But as far as getting more life out of dead batteries, isn't it typical that after you rest the batteries, the voltage would rise a bit, thus extending the life of the battery by a little? I guess it all depends on how "dead" the batteries were before they're shut off.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I agree that his "rest of the story" segments have some entertainment value, but I find that he's mostly just a shill for everything big-business and right wing, no matter what the science. And I have yet to locate a product called Cccccccccccccsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssitrical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif