Paypal questions

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently opened a paypal account so I could feed the hungry animal I call my flashlight addiction..
I opened a normal account and found Ebay was a great way to generate a few bucks for shopping here on the forums.
Yesterday I recieved a credit card payment for a product that I am shipping to Sweden, in order to accept the payment I had to upgrade to a "Premier" account.
Did I screw myself? is there any benifit to this for me?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Hope US PayPal rules, are the same as Canadian. Here goes.

The Premier PayPal account, charges the same fee for cash receipts, as it does for domestic credit and debit card receipts. International credit and debit card receipts are charged 1% more than domestice credit and debit card receipts.

You want to have a Personal PayPal account, if you want to receive cash payments, without any fees deducted.

Unfortunately, if you set up your EBAY account, so there is a PayPal button available for payment, you are required to accept all forms of PayPal payments. This forces you to have a Premier PayPal account with the first credit or debit card payment received. Just need to figure the added cost into the reserve price, and or, "BUY IT NOW" price.

Some sellers on EBAY, have gotten around the rules, by not having a PayPal button, and printing instructions about cash transfer payments to their Personal PayPal account. I don't know how successful that is, as far as sales are concerned. I can see problems with auction winners, paying with a credit or debit card payment, in spite of your instructions.

oldgrandpajack

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldgrandpajack, it is an honor to have you post in my thread.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Seeing how your the one ending up with most of my flashlight money anyways.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
If it is just a matter of a small fee with my transactions then I can live with that, I was just worried that I inadvertantly opened a can of financial worms.