• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger Questions

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
image.jpg

Wow, what are those little things that look awesome? That horseshoe looking shackle thing is crazy intense, and I love it. Are those battery holsters? Where do I get 'em? Are they Peak LED Solutions?

Is there a way I can buy one of these lights without that QTC stuff? I'd rather just have it one mode, on and off if possible. I'm considering this, or the AA El Capitan, but trying to find a non-QTC momentary switches. Should I order from em-mgt or what? Thanks in advance for putting up with all my questions.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops, Oveready sells delrin caps that make your extra bodies into cell holders. Easy to swap the head to get a fresh cell. They sell the "non-QTC" lights. I only buy my Peaks from Oveready - they'll ship internationally and I like the special heads they have. The mini bow shackle is SS and is from Berkeley Point.

In addition to this Nichia 219 mule, I have a large optic XP-G2 4000k on an AAA body, non-QTC and momentary switch. Steamlight stylus pro clip fits perfectly. Very long for an AAA, but rock solid and great.

Last edited:

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for dropping your knowledge, yoyoman. It's looking like I'm going to have to delve into the world of 10180 / 10280 and it's looking like Peak LED Solutions might be the answer. I like the mini bow shackle, it looks like it belongs on that lug-body. Imitation is the highest flattery, so I'm going to copy off you. You know what's up.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops, The downside of the 10180 is the short runtime on high. But it easy to carry a spare cell. The Peaks rock on Li-ion cells. They can handle the extra voltage without a problem. Much brighter than alkaleaks, lithium primaries or eneloops. The long AAA body with the momentary switch is nice, but it is long - longer than an AA twisty. The 10180 are tiny and you need a special charger. Just using a normal charger with spacers can ruin or at least reduce the useful life of the cells. Iluumination Supply sells the charger from the Quantum DD and D2. That's a nice light, too. But I prefer the Peak Eigers from Oveready. Cottonpickers also makes a charger. I don't have a 10280 and that may be a good compromise. Still small and with more runtime. And, yes I love those bow shackles, especially on these little Peaks.

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
Love those mini bow shackles too. Shame Berkeley Point has a $30 minimum order ... I can't see ordering 5 of them when I only need one or two. :(

The mini bow shackle is SS and is from Berkeley Point.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bringing this thread back as I just got my first Peak and I have a few questions. I got a pocket body HA with the high cri medium head with QTC. I think I've read that the high cri output is going to be less than the cool white and also have less runtime. I pretty much use eneloops and I'm trying to figure out which light to get next. I'm thinking steel lug body hi cri but no QTC. Anyone run a hi cri on eneloops without QTC? Which level did you go with and any idea of runtime and output? Thanks