• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger Rebel AAA?

Curt R

Enlightened
Did some beam shots with the #8 power level and a 10440 Lithium-Ion battery, the results are mind blowing for such a small light, but it does get hot quickly. Both the narrow and medium light up the wall at 35 feet distance. Even with a single AAA Alkaline the 35 foot distance is no problem. The wide angle #8 lit up the entire 25 foot wide by 40 foot long room with the 10440. With the AAA Alkaline there was more light at 35 feet than with the 3 LED UP Matterhorn. Hope to post pictures this weekend.

Curt

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Did some beam shots with the #8 power level and a 10440 Lithium-Ion battery, the results are mind blowing for such a small light, but it does get hot quickly. Both the narrow and medium light up the wall at 35 feet distance. Even with a single AAA Alkaline the 35 foot distance is no problem. The wide angle #8 lit up the entire 25 foot wide by 40 foot long room with the 10440. With the AAA Alkaline there was more light at 35 feet than with the 3 LED UP Matterhorn. Hope to post pictures this weekend.

Curt

Short bursts of Insanely bright light in a bobmproof EDC package.
Can't wait...best of both worlds for me.
Guess I will have to purchase a couple of 10440's and a charger now.
Anyone have any suggestions (AW cells?) would like to pick up a Nano charger but I read somewhere they are out of business now.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I got my Eiger today! It is a stainless steel #5 power with a wide angle reflector and a natural led. I am going to run it with a 10440. I can't wait till it gets dark. Inside observations: the beam is very wide with almost no hotspot; kind of a square beam, but not distracting; quite bright for the size; color of the beam is very warm, just how I like it; bomb proof construction.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I got my Eiger today! It is a stainless steel #5 power with a wide angle reflector and a natural led. I am going to run it with a 10440. I can't wait till it gets dark. Inside observations: the beam is very wide with almost no hotspot; kind of a square beam, but not distracting; quite bright for the size; color of the beam is very warm, just how I like it; bomb proof construction.

I got mine today too- #8 power wide optic with cool tint- I turned it on in the living room in the middle of the day and was AMAZED at the amount of light that this thing can crank out. It just got dark here- comparing it to my SP Baltic. The EIGER has a much cleaner beam- near zero rings and a real smooth transition from the hot spot to HUGE spill zone. Haven't noticed any of the outer rings that are present on my Baltic. Trying to get a decent optic shot- I know a lot of us were waiting on one. I am really impressed so far- and this is on the Kirkland AAA alkaline that was shipped in it. Going to open a fresh pack of eneloops for some charge and comparison. Will have to seriously consider buying 10440 now. Haven't noticed it getting too hot yet with short usage. I am VERY pleased so far.

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
8COOLWIDE.jpg

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curt how water resistant is the new lens? what is used to seal it?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Do you have more all round shots, it is very hard to get much of an impression just looking at the lens.
I have a level 8 med optic order but it will be at least another week to Australia.
Thanks Norm

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
left to right- Baltic, Brass Matterhorn 3led lug, SS Knurled 3led lug and the new HA #8 cool tint wide optic (#8CW sticker on optic when shipped).

DSCN2806.jpg

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
say hello to my little friend.....
My PEAK magnetic flexo kili holder.....nice little accessory who assisted me with my poor photo skills- time for bed now- goodnight!

DSCN2807.jpg

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Say Rage Cage, could you get a picture of the Eiger next to an Arc AAA?

Sorry KeyGrip- I would if I could, but I don't own an Arc.
It is slightly longer than my lug body matterhorns as it is a Key
Chain screw in post.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Tried some beamshots of my own. I should preface these posts like AFA did- I am no engineer- so forgive the lack of technical depth of my analysis- I do know real world real useage for whatever that is worth.

test setup- metal stand with PEAK flexo magnet- 15 feet from my 16ft wide garage door. Baltic is pictured in this photo. Both Baltic SP and Eiger #8 cool tint wide using like charged eneloops.

DSCN2816.jpg

First the Eiger
DSCN2813.jpg

Now the Baltic SP
DSCN2814.jpg