• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Led Solutions - Product Lineup

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input. Is there anybody on this forum who has a P7 Rainier?

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened

I am adding this post form Curt R (PEAK) to try to clear up some of the confusion as to who should be called to order PEAK products.
Bob at RMSK should be your point of contact.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/260869

post_new.gif
Today, 01:37 PM
Curt R
user_offline.gif

Flashaholic

icon1.gif
Re: What happened to the peak Logan???
All orders are suppose to go through RMSK. Call him and order what you want. If he does not have it in stock as to the power level he will contact us and we will build and drop ship.

Curt

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am adding this post form Curt R (PEAK) to try to clear up some of the confusion as to who should be called to order PEAK products.
Bob at RMSK should be your point of contact.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/260869

post_new.gif
Today, 01:37 PM
Curt R
user_offline.gif

Flashaholic

icon1.gif
Re: What happened to the peak Logan???
All orders are suppose to go through RMSK. Call him and order what you want. If he does not have it in stock as to the power level he will contact us and we will build and drop ship.

Curt

What about overseas customers like in the UK, for example?
RMSK's software only allows orders within the US.
I also tried emailing RMSK and my email wasn't replied to.

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
What about overseas customers like in the UK, for example?
RMSK's software only allows orders within the US.
I also tried emailing RMSK and my email wasn't replied to.

I did send an email to RMSK some time ago, too, but never received a reply.

Curt posted this in the thread about the stainless steel night patrol:

Michael:

Threw away everything. You will get a whole new ball of wax.

We take care of all overseas sales at peak.

Curt

So Peak is the point of contact for the non-US customers.

Michael

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Curt posted this in the thread about the stainless steel night patrol:

So Peak is the point of contact for the non-US customers.

Michael

You are correct- I should have addressed that- I don't work for PEAK- just like their products. Thanks for catching my omission.:thumbsup:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever gotten a refund from this outfit?

:thumbsdow

I've never asked for a refund, but Robyn exchanged a light for me which had failed after some use. It took a while and a couple of phone calls, but Peak made things right.

easilyled

Flashaholic
So 2 weeks ago I called them and asked for a refund, as they'd sent a smooth-body rather than the knurled one pictured on the website, and Curt ("C-u-r-t") said 'mail it back for a refund'.

Well I did, and no response whatsoever. Peak LED has never responded to any of my numerous emails, nor to my website formmail inquiries.

So it looks like they ripped me off at this point.

Has anyone ever gotten a refund from this outfit?

:thumbsdow

Its not ideal but you will have to phone them.

However you already know that, don't you?

You have been advised to do that several times in the other thread where you voiced the same problem.

Last edited:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dr Smoke if you feel like you need to continue please try the Jeers forum on the marketplace. If you haven't already, the Marketplace requires separate registration as it is actually a separate but related forum. You might want to take a look at the policies of cheer and jeers before posting as well.

I'm not a moderator and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I am someone who values the information in this thread and would prefer avoiding more clutter from off topic postings. In the famous but fictional words of Bartles and James "Thank you for your support."

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Dr Smoke if you feel like you need to continue please try the Jeers forum on the marketplace. If you haven't already, the Marketplace requires separate registration as it is actually a separate but related forum. You might want to take a look at the policies of cheer and jeers before posting as well.

I'm not a moderator and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I am someone who values the information in this thread and would prefer avoiding more clutter from off topic postings. In the famous but fictional words of Bartles and James "Thank you for your support."
Baterija is right. You already posted at length in another thread, which was closed. Now you are trying to hijack this one. That will not be permitted.

If all possible avenues of resolving your complaint have been exhausted, which I doubt (have you tried telephoning?) you may post a jeer in the appropriate forum - but as Baterija says, make very sure to read the C&J policies first.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Please read my post more carefully; I did phone.

Perhaps you should try phoning them again then.

However you have obviously not read baterija and DM51's posts very carefully at all.

This is the wrong thread to be posting in about your personal problems with Peak.

Curt R

Enlightened
I got one call from Dr. Smoke and spoke to him several days ago. He requested a refund and wanted
return postage. When he sends in the light and it is in a resale-able condition we will return to him
the cost of the light and his mailing cost.

We ran out of the knurled stainless steel lug bodies about four months ago and shipped the smooth standard
key ring body instead. There has not been time to manufacture the knurled lug body with the changeover
of the entire line of flashlights to the new Cree XP-G LED from the old style 5 mm LEDs in the Matterhorn,
(Eiger); Shasta/ Baltic Sea; Killamanjaro, (El Capaitan); McKinley, (Logan), and the Rainer with the
P7 LED instead of the P4 LED. These all required new heat sinks for the XP-G LED, new optics, windows,
trim rings, and modified electronics. At the same time we also introduced the Perines, K2, Everest,
NP300 and NP400. We are also working on The new FR 400, the FR1500 and the SR2000. All of
these require newly manufactured heads, bodies, heat sinks, optics, windows and electronics.

We are sorry that we could not provide Dr. Smoke with exactly what he had wanted, but there were
other more pressing requirements other than spending a day setting up a CNC machine to make a
run of Knurled lug bodies. We will still make the knurled bodies when we get the time. However we
still need to provide RMSK with stock so that he can acquire new dealers for our newly revised product line.

We are still very busy and sometimes we just can not get to answer all of the phone calls and e-mails that we receive. :(

Curt

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has not been time to manufacture the knurled lug body with the changeover
of the entire line of flashlights to the new Cree XP-G LED from the old style 5 mm LEDs in the Matterhorn, (Eiger)

So the Eiger will get the XP-G?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I got one call from Dr. Smoke and spoke to him several days ago. He requested a refund and wanted
return postage. When he sends in the light and it is in a resale-able condition we will return to him
the cost of the light and his mailing cost.

We ran out of the knurled stainless steel lug bodies about four months ago and shipped the smooth standard
key ring body instead. There has not been time to manufacture the knurled lug body with the changeover
of the entire line of flashlights to the new Cree XP-G LED from the old style 5 mm LEDs in the Matterhorn,
(Eiger); Shasta/ Baltic Sea; Killamanjaro, (El Capaitan); McKinley, (Logan), and the Rainer with the
P7 LED instead of the P4 LED. These all required new heat sinks for the XP-G LED, new optics, windows,
trim rings, and modified electronics. At the same time we also introduced the Perines, K2, Everest,
NP300 and NP400. We are also working on The new FR 400, the FR1500 and the SR2000. All of
these require newly manufactured heads, bodies, heat sinks, optics, windows and electronics.

We are sorry that we could not provide Dr. Smoke with exactly what he had wanted, but there were
other more pressing requirements other than spending a day setting up a CNC machine to make a
run of Knurled lug bodies. We will still make the knurled bodies when we get the time. However we
still need to provide RMSK with stock so that he can acquire new dealers for our newly revised product line.

We are still very busy and sometimes we just can not get to answer all of the phone calls and e-mails that we receive. :(

Curt

Really? If you are that busy, you need to hire more help. Simple as that.

Also, by your own admission, you did not send the man what he ordered, and thought he would just live with a different finish that he did not want at all. Some form of communication should have taken place to alert him that you were out of the model he had ordered. This is what good companies do.

By sending one E-mail, just one, you could have earned, not lost a customer, and nor had him post all the ill will here where it can be read. He was made very angry by it. This is what happens when customers are neglected.

You should get a consultant to help you establish customer service, marketing, and a new Webmaster.

I have one of your lights that was a gift to me a few years ago, and due to your awful web site, I gave up and bought other lights.

Your company is not running at its full potential. People love your lights, but they are too hard to figure out, and buy.

I am a small business owner, however, I would never try to slip one by any of our clients, like you did to this poor guy. He had every right to complain. You did not to have to re-tool to make things right with this customer. Certainly there had to be some option other than just ignoring a customers needs.

Frankly, I think you need to do something for this guy now! I would call him back in order to send him something he can enjoy, and let him keep the other light. And, next time if you need to take the day to set up the CNC machine, to save a customer, do it!

A personal call from the owner of a company goes a long way to re-establish relations with a customer who feels jilted, and ignored.

Your post above is a window which allows people to look inside your business. Savvy business people within your industry will absorb, and gain quite a bit of knowledge on the level of your business skills, knowledge on customer service issues, as well as, how you operate, and your company's philosophy toward clients and customers.

I do love your lights. Maybe someday, I will become a good customer myself. This will happen only when I see drastically improved customer service, and a real up-to-date 21st Century sales web site.

Also, the friend who gave me the Brass AA light, feels the same way. Imagine two guys, friends for thirty-two years, both are well to do with their businesses, both EDC nuts, who have quite a bit of expendable income that would love to buy your product, and both have given up. Not good.

Respectfully, and with best wishes,

RL

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Logan specs from one of Curt's posts:

The optic in the new LOGAN
flashlight has a Candela input to output ratio of 29.58 to 1, and the measured bare bulb output of the XP-G R5 at
one amp of drive current is 78 Candela. That gives a theoretical output of about 2300 Candela. The new
K2 flashlight ratio is 47.92 to 1 for a 3700 Candela output and the Night Patrol 300 is 72.50 to 1. Output would
then be approximately 5600 Candela for the NP300s. He may have gotten the the approximate outputs
mixed up, that is my fault for not sending him a hard copy.

A quick bench test with the Logan optics gives these initial results with a more accurate test to follow later.

50 mA drive to the XP-G R5 is 150 Candela output.
100 mA @ 303
200 mA @ 536
350 mA @ 915
500 mA @ 1247
750 mA @ 1677
1000 mA @ 2070

A posting in the LED sub-forum on the Cree XP-G R5 in bare bulb, gave the following results:

40 mA 16.70 Lumens @ .11 watt
60 mA 25.81 Lumens @ .16 watt
100 mA 43.65 Lumens @ .28 watt
200 mA 86.16 Lumens @ .58 watt
350 mA 145.37 Lumens @ 1.05 watts
500 mA 200.03 Lumens @ 1.55 watts
700 mA 265.31 Lumens @ 2.22 watts
1000 mA 351.09 Lumens @ 3.26 watts

The Logan in the #8 power level will use a buck-boost circuit to drive the LED at 1 amp current. The Light is
the same size as the original McKinley light with the seven 5 mm LEDs. That light output was 190, (HP),
or 240, (SP), Candela. The new Logan will use either the CR123A Lithium battery or the RCR123A, (16340),
Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. There is also a 2 x AA battery compartment. :twothumbs