Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Wurkkos
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
It looks like the electronics have been redone too. The runtime graphs on Peak's site are much better than the ones done at the LED museum, which some of us had considered worrisome.

Dallas, any chance of sending Craig some new units for testing?

Geode

Enlightened
Short body AAA

I just received (and am carrying) the short bodied AAA with a snow type LED. It is a great little light and whiter than I remember my Arc Premium AAA being. Anyone else out there have one of these lights?

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Short body AAA

I just ordered one and it should arrive real soon. I'm eager to compare its brightness and beam pattern to an Arc. I'd like to suggest that Peak send one to Craig Johnson for a review and runtime plot. I'd really like to know if the electronics are improved over the old prototypes.

What does the casing look like? Is it just like the Arc AAA, or does it have those bands in the knurling which I find less attractive-looking (subjective of course)?

Either way I think a good functional replacement for the lamented Arc AAA is finally here.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Re: Short body AAA

I have not seen much changing on Peaks site lately and I am curious if the accessory section will offer the same items as before? I purchased several of the lug type bodies before they were gone and I was planning on purchasing various single and triple LED heads. I can not find them on the site any more.Anyone know if I am just not looking in the correct location?
I have 6 lug type bodies with no heads that I am planning on giving out as future gifts.

javafool

Enlightened
Interesting that in the Annameria Dallasandra Collection Peak has an Ultra-power in the regular body and a high-power in the lug style. Hope they offer the ultra in the lug style sometime soon.

On my last order I ordered an 'N' cell hi-power with the HA3 pocket style body plus an extra 'N' HA3 pocket style body only. Both the light and the spare body were the longer keychain style but the order read 'pocket' as clear as a bell. Peak always seems to make things right eventually but it seems to take more than one try to get it. I'll see here one of these days about my last order.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I hope this is the correct forum to place this in........I was going through the reviews forum looking at all the Peak reviews. From what I could gather Peak started by selling prototypes on eBay and eBay pulled there auctions off. Could someone explain why eBay did that? What was Peak doing wrong?

paulr

Flashaholic
Last night I posted a long review of the lug-body, hi-power 1AAA Peak over on the reviews forum. It's not quite a perfect Arc AAA replacement but it's getting there. If they do a lug-body 3-LED version, that might become a CPF favorite.

ledlurker

Enlightened
What is the deal. I have been going to the website for 4 days now. There are never any stainless 3 leds or DallasCasandra'a in stock. Is Peak still trying to recover from christmas or is stuff snapped up as soon as it hits the website?

this is getting annoying. The peak website is the only place I have seen the ultra-high power so I want to buy everything at once and save on shipping.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:

Dallas, any chance of sending Craig some new units for testing?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is on my list of things to do in the next 2 weeks as well as Doug

[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
I have not seen much changing on Peaks site lately and I am curious if the accessory section will offer the same items as before? I purchased several of the lug type bodies before they were gone and I was planning on purchasing various single and triple LED heads. I can not find them on the site any more.Anyone know if I am just not looking in the correct location?
I have 6 lug type bodies with no heads that I am planning on giving out as future gifts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to get the accessory back up soon, my main focus right now is stock, and the 1w’s

[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:

On my last order I ordered an 'N' cell hi-power with the HA3 pocket style body plus an extra 'N' HA3 pocket style body only. Both the light and the spare body were the longer keychain style but the order read 'pocket' as clear as a bell. Peak always seems to make things right eventually but it seems to take more than one try to get it. I'll see here one of these days about my last order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check on this, witch one was wrong the Brass or the HA Body Only ?

[ QUOTE ]
sbebenelli said:
I hope this is the correct forum to place this in........I was going through the reviews forum looking at all the Peak reviews. From what I could gather Peak started by selling prototypes on eBay and eBay pulled there auctions off. Could someone explain why eBay did that? What was Peak doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Long Story and to many details that not need to be address again, Short Story Ebay contacted me in relation to this an there were two issues

1. Verification of new account. I have 6 different accounts on Ebay and needed to clarify this was my account and a new one being set up for separate business.
2. We will not get into again.

Ebay reinstated the account after I provided clarification documents, and peak continued to sell the prototypes on Ebay.

[ QUOTE ]
ledlurker said:
What is the deal. I have been going to the website for 4 days now. There are never any stainless 3 leds or DallasCasandra'a in stock. Is Peak still trying to recover from christmas or is stuff snapped up as soon as it hits the website?

this is getting annoying. The peak website is the only place I have seen the ultra-high power so I want to buy everything at once and save on shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question and very much due time for an explanation.

Every one please understand the following issues I have contended with in the last 8 months, and what is going on now.

April-June : Took the basics and formed all the units you see today in less then 60days from scratch.

June-November: Good: as anticipated slow start to a steady flow.

November-Present: Did not for see a few things. The main two things and the main being the release of Fortune Magazine.

Long Story short. Yes, I have spent December as the goal and focus of getting order out for Christmas and now focus on two very important things.

That being stock to meet demand and FINALLY bring the future products that we were hoping for in November to market. First being the 1w’s Ocean Series. And the request for the lug body AAA’s

With that being said here is the update and no further details will be released.

The reason for my absence here on CPF is exactly due to the above information. We plan to have stock available over the next couple weeks as follow and then the release of the Ocean Series Exclusively to our Dealers for the first 30days. As well as the final release of the Lug Style AAA’s.

And Please do not hold me to dates these are subject to change with out notice:

AAA: Full Stock all designs between 1/31-2/2
Dallas Collection: 1/31-2/2
CR123: 2/11-2/15

AAA Lug Design: 1/31-2/2
1w Ocean Series ( note: not all designs at once will be released ): Still waiting electronic boards if everything goes to plan they will fall in to the above dates.

During our closure for the holiday’s my focus was on modifications and improvements to production to avoid the current issues in the future. I can happily say that this was well used time and process is on the way to advancing.

During this time the above are a large focus along with additional advancements, and at this time one of my focuses are on improving also on the quality of our customer service as well.

I will go a head and give you guys a little heads up in advance, to the Ocean Series 1w so no one gets the wrong ideas.

These units will be offered directly for the first 30days to our Dealers Only. You will not be able to purchase them through our website during the first 30days.

Also no per orders will be taken on these when you find out what they are. I have given specific instructions that no one is allowed to per order these units.

The reason is two. 1) I am strong believer in you support those who support you and that means our Dealer will have first rights for they’re on going continuing support. 2) The first run of units to the 2nd run of units will have a gap window of approximately 2 weeks for full production and stock availability.

( To add a note to this: ) Non of our dealers have been given detail information either. I will be sending the first assembled units to them with all information needed, along with posting the photos and details on our site, and send them to Craig and Doug for reviews, Prior to the release.

At that time our focus then will be turned to the many question I am sure are going to following release. Like awesome now when is the Volcano Series 3w Series, and the Hurricane Series 5w Series coming ( Smile ).

Anyway, I hope this shines a little light on the current events with out giving the bacon away.

I like to also thank all of you guys for bearing with me while I focus on the above!

As always have a Great Week!

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: I only update stock once a week on Monday Evening.

arewethereyetdad

Moderator,
ledlurker, I think, too, that Fortune magazine's feature on the stainless steel McKinley caused a massive demand in a very short timespan, the likes of which little Peak had not yet seen. They pulled some long nights meeting those demands (right during the holidays no less) and I'd bet that was a significant drain on supplies. Peak is excellent at fulfilling your requests. Sometimes if you call them they can accommodate you even if it shows as out- of-stock on the website. They're extremely customer-service oriented. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
DallasA said:

"....... I am strong believer in you support those who support you and that means our Dealer ....."

Could you post one or two links to dealers?
(I think that informations is burried somewhere in this thread - which is now 26 pages long!)

" ... ( To add a note to this: ) None of our dealers have been given detailed information either. I will be sending the first assembled units to them with all information needed, along with posting the photos and details on our site, and send them to Craig and Doug for reviews, Prior to the release.

At that time our focus then will be turned to the many question I am sure are going to following release. Like awesome now when is the Volcano Series 3w Series, and the Hurricane Series 5w Series coming ( Smile ).

Anyway, I hope this shines a little light on the current events with out giving the bacon away...."

YOU GO GIRL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

javafool

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:

[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the prompt reply! The HA body and the body on the complete HA flashlight were the keychain type rather than the pocket type. The Brass pocket style body was correct and is really terrific for anyone who wants the smallest pocket carry type light available.

I like the pocket best of all. It is as small and light as possible. It can also be used in candle mode. Just great all around when you think smaller is better!

Terry

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://peakledsolutions.net/dealers.html

I have ordered from RMSK, Inc. and they were top-notch. I talked with them on the phone, as well as wrote many e-mails back and forth. The e-mail responses were almost all within half an hour!

Just letting you guys know, because I doubt you have dealt with them before.

paulr

Flashaholic
Fortune did a feature on the stainless steel 1AA? That's the coolest light. I haven't really wanted one for myself all that much, but it would make an awesome gift.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:

[ QUOTE ]
javafool said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the prompt reply! The HA body and the body on the complete HA flashlight were the keychain type rather than the pocket type. The Brass pocket style body was correct and is really terrific for anyone who wants the smallest pocket carry type light available.

I like the pocket best of all. It is as small and light as possible. It can also be used in candle mode. Just great all around when you think smaller is better!

Terry

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry, Left today and on the way to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:

[/ QUOTE ]

http://peakledsolutions.net/dealers.html

I have ordered from RMSK, Inc. and they were top-notch. I talked with them on the phone, as well as wrote many e-mails back and forth. The e-mail responses were almost all within half an hour!

Just letting you guys know, because I doubt you have dealt with them before.

[/ QUOTE ]

RMSK Inc. is top shelf. Old school and know the true meaning of Customer Services. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Fortune did a feature on the stainless steel 1AA? That's the coolest light. I haven't really wanted one for myself all that much, but it would make an awesome gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they did it on the McKinley CR123 7 LED Stainless Steel Hi-Power Snow

MJ

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the new website I only can find the high-power versions. Are there now standard power ones any more?
(or am I just too stupid to find them?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts