Peak LED Solutions Q&A

Wurkkos
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
On the new website I only can find the high-power versions. Are there now standard power ones any more?
(or am I just too stupid to find them?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have discontinued the standard as a stock item. If you are in need of one you can contact the Custom Design Center.

MJ

chrisse242

Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear about your problems with international orders and I do understand that this means a problem for you. I don't want to sound like I'm ungratefull, but what are we supposed to do if we have unclaimed coupons from the cpf-raffle? I decided to wait for one of the Lux-lights to show up before ordering.
And how do we contact the custom design center from outside the US in future? I'd be happy to pay for insurance and/or tracing option for custom orders if needed but I think we do need some way for international orders.

Cheers, Chrisse

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:No, we have discontinued the standard as a stock item. If you are in need of one you can contact the Custom Design Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is no longer available .-)

Anyway, your reaction is more than understandable. I had one case half a year ago when the parcel arrived but was empty (that means it was delivered). Peak solved it in a much better way than expected.
Actually your customer service was much, much better than from other companies who claimed to have such an excellent CS.

We will find a way to deal with it...

Robban

Enlightened
And here I've been sitting and waiting for the new lights to turn up and now I can't order them (directly) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well.

(on a side note; you should really have someone go over that pdf, it's full of typos and grammatical errors which make it look kinda rushed. Just a thought)

Toolshop

Newly Enlightened
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
chrisse242 said:
... but I think we do need some way for international orders.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may contact your local dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stefan

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Toolshop said:
[ QUOTE ]
chrisse242 said:
... but I think we do need some way for international orders.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may contact your local dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Stefan

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Stefan, good to see you here. For stock Items I'd always choose toolshop.de, but I guess you can't handle the coupons peak gave out after the raffle? And what about the custom design center?

Chrisse

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chrisse, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think in the coupon it states that it expired back around the end of November. At least mine did.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Fitz, have another look at the pm MJ sent you. Mine says the coupon expires 11/30/2005.

Chrisse

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question regarding the PEAK 1AA 3LED flashlight. I can't find it anywhere... Has it been discontinued? Anyone have one?

Siggy77

Newly Enlightened
Great. *sigh* And I was waiting for the 1w's to come out to order them too... First Batterystation, now Peak. I'll have to start getting stuff shipped to a friend in the US.

I wonder if it limited to specific countries...

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Toolshop said:
You may contact your local dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have anyway. But when the desired light is no longer available...

I was looking for a small and not too bright CR123 light as a backup for a CR123 driven headlamp.
The regular version looked fine for that.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can understand where Peak stands on this international mailing problem. I’ve been reamed, on a smaller scale, like Peak has.

This is my quick version of my story that might relate to the Peak international shipping problem.

A buyer wants their large quantity of light shipped quick. A PayPal payment is sent to me for the products.

The lights are sent global priority mail. You cannot insure or track a priority mail. The postal system is not responsible for delivery of mail. Go figure that one out. If I was not responsible for my job at work then I would be fired.

If I shipped the package the slow way and have that package insured but the insurance cost 30% of the contents. The buyer did not want insurance when I told him it would cost $50+ to ship. He likes the $18 global priority mailing price better.

Package is sent but buyer declares it never arrived. I have to wait 30 days before I can start a US search. PayPal only gives 30 days to make a claim to return money. So in 28 days the buyer of the lights makes a claim to return the money back to the buyer. I have no proof of shipment of goods. PayPal then automatically returns the money to the buyer.

Then, buy some miracle, the good finally show up in his country. The goods have been held up in his country for the buyer to claim the package. It was also held up because of additional tax. So now the buyer has the lights and my money given to him automatically from PayPal.

To further complicate the problem. I had a second package of lights sent to the buyer in good faith before the first package, by the way of the miracle, showed up.

So it cost me more money, lots more since the second package was sent directly from China, to have the package sent express, insured and signature delivery. So the buyer will get two sets of lights…lots of lights and it cost me twice. It cost the buyer nothing so far.

So the buyer gets two sets of light for free (OK, he did pay a token tax fee) and it cost me $600+ and a lot of headaches.

By the way, the buyer drain me of lights so others can't have them. And the buyer told me he is going to sell the lights. That hurts me again and makes him richer off me. I lose $600 and he makes $1200 for free.

I’m guessing Peak had the same problem.

My compromise is now to send only small amounts of lights to other countries or require the buyer to spend a lot more to get mailing insurance and ship the slow way. Peak chose to stop international shipping.

It would be lose/lose for Peak to ship international.

03lab

Enlightened
OMG, that sucks big time haveblue! I hope no one will sell a light to that guy again!

I understand why Peak chooses not to ship internationally anymore, I'm just mad at all the bast..... who have spoiled it for everyone else. Suspending international sales also seems to become a trend lately, which of course I'm not very happy about.

MrMimizu

Enlightened
Too much info to wade through here.
Can anyone tell me if Peak ships with UPS?
If so then I can still have my items shipped to
the ups station in buffalo and go pick them up there. It's about 1 hr to get there but I can make it a daytrip and go to Niagara Falls US side or some junk.

dmholt

Newly Enlightened
For those (like me) outside the U.S.A., Pocketlights.com ship internationally and stock quite a range of the Peak lights. I have had one order from them and that went fine, so you might want to give them a try.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not see a real problem here, as we are blessed with Toolshop in Europe.
I did only wonder why the 'normal' versions disappeared. But it looks as I would have been the only one to want them.

(BTW: I had cases were US vendors asked me to help them with missed parcels, I fully understand that they only send to people where they have good experiences.)
In the other direction: I know about several companies here who refuse to sell to the US because they fear these ridicolous liability claims, even car manufacturers.

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
I do not see a real problem here, as we are blessed with Toolshop in Europe.
I did only wonder why the 'normal' versions disappeared. But it looks as I would have been the only one to want them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Blessed? Just checked them out for the first time and had a look at the matterhorn variety. Costs $7 more there than at Peak. I don't know what the difference would be when adding shipping though.

Of course I understand why Peak have decided to do what they've done. But it fu....g pisses me off that those of us who are honest get screwed over because some *******s decide to take advantage of the system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts