pens anyone?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking at the tuff writer "Mini Click" pen. Anyone have experience with this brand?

Yup, I have both the Full size and mini. I really like them both. You can order a Ti clip if you want. Sorta like customizing it. Also you can remove or swap out o-rings if you want different colors. That is pretty neat.

EDIT: See post 89 in this thread for my Full Size.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've heard good things about MB refills, how much do they run at a pen shop? Do they have more than one type?

Their Firsts are quality refills. Their Factory Seconds are leak-prone junk. Prices at pen shops vary. But will always be more than at places like Staples or other such chain-stores. The refills I mean are the very same ones coming off the line. M.B.'s quality control is very good. Problem is, instead of junking those refills that come off the line which are substandard, they just turn around and sell them in bulk to the chain-stores. A friend who honestly knew better decided to save some money by getting a cheap M.B. refill. Few days later, it leaked inside his Limited Edition Czar Nichols pen.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good LORD! $7.50 for ONE?

Is there a standard way to measure how long a refill lasts? Like linear feet of ink line or something? That seems excessively expensive, I'd never want to use it...

I used to work as a skip-tracer on the financial side. Tons of writing all day long. I can tell you that a standard A.T. Cross metal stick ballpoint refill will last 30 days of heavy writing. Minus two days off each week in the month.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The three-pack is less expensive, and I was buying from a full retail outfit. It is worth it to me to be able to test before purchasing.

The refills I have bought generally cost about $4-$5 for bold refills. I would suggest that you look at the size of the ink reservoir, the width of the line it makes, then take the plunge. The bold points use more ink than the fine points. Those micro pens with the micro refills are probably the most expensive, given how little ink they hold, yet cost maybe $3.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Yup, I have both the Full size and mini. I really like them both. You can order a Ti clip if you want. Sorta like customizing it. Also you can remove or swap out o-rings if you want different colors. That is pretty neat.

EDIT: See post 89 in this thread for my Full Size.

Thanks Str8 I appreciate the reply

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just joined the Massdrop for the Prometheus Writes Alpha copper pen ending on June 17 a and shipping July 1.
frantic.gif

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
Thanks RGRAY

My wife collects fountain pens and roller ball pens - so I am looking to buy her a Christmas gift, and these Hidetoshi Nakayama pens look perfect - something manly and beautiful

hopefully she will buy me something similar - Cool Fall new retro Spy 005

If she can buy $ 1,000.00 pens, I can buy $ 1,000.00 flashlights

all the best - I will update you on my purchase

Matrix

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If she can buy $ 1,000.00 pens, I can buy $ 1,000.00 flashlights

all the best - I will update you on my purchase

Matrix

It's worse for me since I buy both pens and lights. :sigh:

But that's nothing compared to my knife collection.

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the slicer

doesn't really fit in with my wife's fountain pen collection - but this is what she is getting for Christmas

There should be a thread for pen, knife, and light pictures

Thanks again - all the best

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Paradise Pens Gone!

I just noticed today that Paradise Pens has gone out of business and closed all their stores.

In the past, I used to shop at the South Coast Plaza store in Costa Mesa, CA. They had a great selection of all types and brands of pens.

Sorry to see another store just close for good.

I remember going to their San Antonino, TX store a few years ago, and buying nice pens for my crew as a reward for all the hard work they do for me.

SofubiShogun

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Hinderer Investigator pen in Copper to match some of my copper edc gear and I am patiently awaiting it's delivery today. Excited to get some hands on time with it. Will post pics and my thoughts when allowed (new member.)

saltedfish

Newly Enlightened
I love my titanium Fellhoelter tibolt pen [emoji41]

I have one too! It's great, writes really well. The best part is the look of confusion when I loan it to someone, and the fumbling as they figure it out. Has nice heft to it too.