PGL - diode

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Hy to all,

I did some reserach. I doubt the PGL uses 1 W diode. It looks like a 500 mW diode to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. 1 W laser diode will make maximum performance at 1.4 A and maximum current is 2 A. This is fishy since the owners of the PGL say that the running current at the batteries was 800-1000 mA or so and we have to count the loos in drive too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, so this indicates a 500 mW diode. Howewer im looking at Sony diodes and maybe they use some other lower quality diode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, that has worse specs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

What do you think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif?

Krešo

bootleg2go

Enlightened
The PGL uses the Sony SDL322V diode.
It's a 50Omw diode, use google and you can download the full spec.

Jack

Kreso_Bukvic

Newly Enlightened
Thats a bummer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I tohught all PGL-s use 1 W diode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I have collection of zillio nadasheets including Sony diodes to 40 W /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
Maybe some high power PGL use 1W diode. You just can't obtain 200mW green (like Shiftlock's PGL) with a (unregulated temperature) 500mW 808 diode, or you have to overdrive it a lot!
The specs of the 808nm diode can't always tell a lot about the output power, as they vary with the type of diode. For example in my laser module, I use a 1W diode, and the max current is 1.2A. The laser operates at 950mA, and do a good 250mW (LaserCheck).