Philips X-treme Vision +100 vs X-treme Vision +130

-Virgil-

Staff member
It'll be fine, but plain old rubbing alcohol is also fine, as is Windex or similar, and you probably don't need to worry about having brushed your hand against a bulb anyhow, so don't sweat it too hard.

BobLight

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the H1 +100's are getting harder to find, and now the =130's are cheaper on Amazon. Candlepower Inc, is out of the +100's and said the next shipment will be the +130's. I also checked Power Bulb and all they have is the +130's. I'm looking for a reputable source, preferably in the US at a good price. Is it a bad idea to get the +130's? Suggestions on where to buy, etc. Thanks.

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
Is there any particular reason why you want the +100s over the +130s?

The +130s have a longer rated life, and the H1 version isn't affected by the additional blue coating like some of the other +130 fitments are.

Powerbulbs has a 20% off sale today (TWENTY20), ship free, and have a 12-month guarantee. My order arrived in less than a week from the UK. They also throw in a pair of W5Ws. All in all, none of the Amazon sellers could offer anything better, unless you really want the older +100s.

BobLight

Newly Enlightened
Is there any particular reason why you want the +100s over the +130s?

The +130s have a longer rated life, and the H1 version isn't affected by the additional blue coating like some of the other +130 fitments are.

Powerbulbs has a 20% off sale today (TWENTY20), ship free, and have a 12-month guarantee. My order arrived in less than a week from the UK. They also throw in a pair of W5Ws. All in all, none of the Amazon sellers could offer anything better, unless you really want the older +100s.

I think that Virgil stated earlier in the thread that the +100's put out more light and that he'd stick with them until he saw otherwise. That's the only reason. I didn't know that the H1's didn't have the additional coating. So the 130's have the same coating as the +100's?

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
I think that Virgil stated earlier in the thread that the +100's put out more light and that he'd stick with them until he saw otherwise. That's the only reason. I didn't know that the H1's didn't have the additional coating. So the 130's have the same coating as the +100's?

Yes, as in post 38. The only blue on the H1 is on the cap.

But post 12 shows the H4 is different.

robertkoa

Newly Enlightened
Pending 3rd-party test results, I'll be sticking with the +100 -- too much blue glass on the +130, which eats into high beam performance.

The life ratings are probably not accurate numbers.

(Those "3350K" and "3700K" figures are mostly bogus)

Update - after a long use of Osram Rally 64205 - I replaced one that burned out ( H4) with as you and others suggested a Philips +100 Extreme Vision ...

And it is very close to the still functioning Osram on left side.

The Philips has a bit more throw and a little whiter - it is probably getting 14.6 volts so will not last as long as the Osram 64205s - they have a much heavier thicker filament - the Osram still has a wider coverage but as you have said the Philips are the real deal at least in my vehicle.

My only disagreement is the Osrams - I have had 3 [ I bought one the last one a few years ago ] being a short life bulb - they lasted me 400 tp 600 hundred hours I think or longer. Remember sometimes hi beams , sometimes low beams .
Hi beams burned out before low so I continued to use them.

Looking at the tiny filament on the Philips - they won't last long at 14 plus volts just my alternator I guess ...but in downpours of Florida - great bulb.

Wish they were heavier filament and 75 /70 watts but next vehicle will hopefully have factory LEDs and projectors .

Alaric Darconville

Staff member
Looking at the tiny filament on the Philips - they won't last long at 14 plus volts just my alternator I guess
Wish they were heavier filament and 75 /70 watts
Well, no, you don't-- because those high wattage bulbs with "heavier" filaments (that is, larger) don't focus as well. Beam focus is a very large determinant of lamp performance.