photon knock offs

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
how is the light output on the photon knock offs? i'm waiting for the 20 piece lot from an Ebay auction. thanks,josh

Streak

Enlightened
There are many companies, using different kinds of LED's in their knock offs. You will have to wait and see what the light output is like once yours arrive.

With the many units that have been sent to me, what I can say is that the quality of the housing and the switch is nowhere near the quality of the genuine article. Just try and do one battery change and you will tear your hair out trying to fit everything back together again.

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
I got some of the ones in clear translucent plastic with white LEDs on eBay. About half as bright as a Photon. The plastic is also softer and more flexible than a Photon. Great for kids or as grab bag gifts.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the heads up
wink.gif

carbonsparky

Enlightened
I bought some a couple of months ago. they are exact copies of the photon 2 except for the Photon's gold plated led leads. The ones I received are to hard to squeeze so you have to play with the leads to get them to work that way. The slide switches worked okay. there was one dud (bad led) in my batch of 12. The package called them micro photon lights. I have been reselling some of them but I removed them from their lying package and have been selling them as what they are. I also bought some led lights that are sold under the name Rave Lights. these seemed to work a little better. Also there was less of an attempt to pretend to be micro-photons. I don't mind copies as much as copies being sold as the original.