Photos Of Mac's EDC Lights

sigfan

Enlightened
Re: Photos of Mac's EDC Lights

Nice gear. What kind of knife is that?

It's a Michael Raymond Starlit. It's an integral and probably my favorite knife.

FullSizeRender%207_zpsytdoozrk.jpg

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Sigfan.
A beautiful knife!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

my spice rack is filled....

latest finds: 4th and 5th from the left, top row....

march-2016-800.jpg

L-->R
Top Row: Alumibronze Tri, Cerakote Aluminum Tri, Engraved Aluminum EDC, Aluminum EDC Knurly*, DamaSteel Tri, DamaSteel/Ti 2x18350 Tri , Ti Tri, Ti Tri Knurly
Bottom Row: Brass EDC, Brass EDC Knurly, Brass Tri-EDC Knurly, Copper Tri-EDC Knurly, Copper Tri (smooth), Copper Tri (crenelated), Copper EDC (tri-Conversion)

*This is the first knurly Mac made. same specs as first run SST-50 EDC's that had the slightly shorter head and shorter reflector, 16340 battery size.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I've had a stripped clip hole on my orange tri, and have tried twice to fill with epoxy and re-tap the threads to no avail. Second hole finally gave out too. So, just tapped to 6-32. Waiting for proper screws to get here, but these will do for now. I put on a modified ex11 clip that was a bit more flexible and will put less stress on the threads.

Attachments

• 1457626925392.jpg
    1457626925392.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

They make heilcoil inserts in 4-40 size. Loctite them in and they're not going anywhere.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

They make heilcoil inserts in 4-40 size. Loctite them in and they're not going anywhere.

might try that if I ever lose threads in one of my coppers. This is my only Aluminum with a clip, so I really don't expect any other failures :)

Exeter354

Enlightened

So I've had a stripped clip hole on my orange tri, and have tried twice to fill with epoxy and rental the threads to no avail. Second hole finally gave out too. So, just tapped to 6-32. Waiting for proper screws to get here, but these will do for now. I put on a modified ex11 clip that was a bit more flexible and will put less stress on the threads.

Very resourceful!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOYCD engine, glow pad and trits moved into this beauty

Attachments

• 1457737817245.jpg
    1457737817245.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 134

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast

Amazing collection Mick!

my spice rack is filled....

latest finds: 4th and 5th from the left, top row....

march-2016-800.jpg

L-->R
Top Row: Alumibronze Tri, Cerakote Aluminum Tri, Engraved Aluminum EDC, Aluminum EDC Knurly*, DamaSteel Tri, DamaSteel/Ti 2x18350 Tri , Ti Tri, Ti Tri Knurly
Bottom Row: Brass EDC, Brass EDC Knurly, Brass Tri-EDC Knurly, Copper Tri-EDC Knurly, Copper Tri (smooth), Copper Tri (crenelated), Copper EDC (tri-Conversion)

*This is the first knurly Mac made. same specs as first run SST-50 EDC's that had the slightly shorter head and shorter reflector, 16340 battery size.