**Pics** SSC P4 (USVOH) Tower Module Complete!

Aepoc

Enlightened
Hey All,
I just want to express how happy I am with my most recent mod. I recieved one of AW's tower kits and put a SSC P4 USVOH on it. A Downboy 1000 regulates the two AW17500's for a runtime of about 1 hour and 50 minutes. The body is from a 9P and the turbo head is from a KT-1 kit. For being somewhat of a leggo, the light is weighted nicely with the center of gravity slightly behind the head.

The SSC P4 USVOH is by far the best tinted LED that I have seen (except maybe for a UV1J) It is just on the yellow side of white. Greens and browns are somewhat restored when compared to an incan.

The KT-1's reflector works nicely with the Seoul. The hot spot is a perfect circle and fades evenly to the exterior of the beam. The spill is so usable that the light could be aimed at somehting in the distance and still give enough spill for you to manouver. There are of course no artifacts in the beam.

Thank you: :twothumbs
Surefire
AW
PhotonFanatic
Sandwitch Shoppe

Last edited:

Aepoc

Enlightened
Here's some pics of the light:

Randoms003.jpg

Randoms004.jpg

Beamshots tonight!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, I need to take beamshots of that thing. It must remind you a bit of my SSCP4 Mag, except I would assume the Mag would have a bit more lux since it has a smooth reflector. I bet that beam is beautiful :) Nice to see it's finally up and running, you have been waiting quite awhile for this day to come. Now on to the next project..... :naughty:

cmaylodm

Newly Enlightened
I'd have to say that this light has the best beam that I've ever seen. Tight, white hotspot without a single hint of blue with a totally even spill with no rings, dark spots, or other artifacts. The only other light that comes close is my L5 for the smoothness of the beam.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Sounds really nice. I have one of arc mania's WX1S with his converter, 1 amp to led, towers in my KT1. It has a beautiful beam and great side spill, also. I am sure that the lux of you P4 is better than my Lux V. Did you measure lux, do any bounce with lightmeter (buy a lightmeter is you don't have one)?

Bill

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you and Dale need to come up to visit or I need to come see you guys soon. I got to get that tower module on the meter to see what kind of numbers she is putting out. My predictions are ~150 lumens of overall output, and somewhere between 10,000-15,000 lux at one meter. Not bad numbers for a light that will run in regulation for almost 2 full hours :) Glad to see my 9P body and 17500's getting some good use now....

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aepoc said:
The SSC P4 USVOH is by far the best tinted LED that I have seen (except maybe for a UV1J) It is just on the yellow side of white.

I whole-heartedly agree. My favorite tint was from some UV1K Lux III's I bought a while back--until I saw the P4 USVOH. While I really like the UV1K outdoors, I feel that the P4 USVOH is as good as it gets for all purposes.

Aepoc

Enlightened
After using the SSC P4 USVOH's for a while I feel that Seoul needs to get better at binning their LEDs. All of the leds will fall within the USVOH category, but its still a bit of a gamble as to what color you will actually get. Cree Q2's and Q3's are now my favorite as far as color... I am thinking of swapping the emitter in my Ti Mule