Picture of your GIZMO !

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old School Aleph 2 with Trits.
Aleph2a.jpg

I've seen this one before (years ago)..., you don't see many Alephs with trits. Very nice.

Barefootone

Enlightened
gazarure.jpg
6amabyha.jpg
9a9uquma.jpg
ubarapuj.jpg
7e6ymy9e.jpg

Another through back from back in the day. My Aleph 1 with 3 Tritium markers.
Just think back then this was Don's state of the art. We have come a long way since then.

grnamin

Enlightened
grnamin - is that a stone wash finish? Did you do it yourself? I'd love to hear the details.

I first sandblasted the body, then popped it into a nalgene bottle half full of smooth stones and pebbles I collected from the beach. Put in some dishwashing liquid and water and shook the bottle until the desired finish was achieved. :)

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. I have a feeling my AA mule will suffer the same fate when the head comes in later this week.

BB 119 mule. Modded PDS. AA

4uteta5u.jpg

Last edited:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. Mind to share a picture of the stones and pebbles you've used ?
It doesn't seem to differ much from professional stonewashed finish.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Yes, please show us what you used to stonewashed your Haiku. I just might have to try it!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

grnamin

Enlightened
Cool! How long did it take?

Depends on how much of a stonewashed finish you want to achieve. About 10 minutes total of constant shaking. You would stop every so often, remove the light body, wash off the soap, dry, inspect finish, keep going if not satisfied.

What did you do to prep the light for the rock bath?

Remove everything...light engine, switch and boot, o-rings, window (taking care to note which side was external because of the anti-glare coating). Reassemble light (only the tubes, still no guts), sandblast, heat color with a MAPP torch (the one with the yellow tank at Home Depot) if you want. After you get all that done you can commence the stonewashing.

Last edited:

calflash

Enlightened
Couldn't resist - took the blue Makai around today. What a classic timeless design! By far one of my favorites.

Latest posts