Picture of your GIZMO !

Red LoKi

Newly Enlightened
Trying to share some pics but can't find any picture thread of McGizmo.

So let me post first.:)

Here's my Lunasol 27

DSC_2257.jpg
Red Loki here nice lite

Bass

Enlightened
yes and yes. It's Chad Nichols stainless damascus random pattern. The contrast isn't as dramatic as some damascus color-wise because of the stainless and because I polished it. I did a heavy etch to make the texture stand out to where you can feel it and then polished it and ended up liking the result better than the ones I left more contrast on because it matches the tones of the titanium a little better and it shines. Well maybe not better - but now I can play dress up and change the clip out with a different pattern and color when it suits me:)

Sorry calflash, missed your reply somehow. You do nice work, clip looks great and matches nicely with the Ti. :thumbsup:

The screw heads look darker in colour than normal (almost black). Did you treat them in some way or is it a trick of the light?

calflash

Enlightened
Thanks for the compliment. I can't take all the credit because the true beauty in Damascus to me is the pattern made by the forger - What an art! And what is the clip without an awesome light to attach it to?

Re: the screws - If I could take pictures half as good as yours I might be able to show what it looks like for real. I anodized the screws blue but my lighting trick is my ipad camera:shrug: I'll try again.

ven

Flashaholic
Stunning pics.................at a later date i hope i may add to these fantastic light pics,my picture may not meet your standards but i hope it will feature a gizmo!!!!

:twothumbs

Bass

Enlightened
Eric242 - beautiful anodising on the clips. Did you do yourself?

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks Eric. I think I have seen the Haiku before somewhere on another thread. He does nice work, amazing colours which you gave caught spot on in the light. I now want one of his clips!

cowsmilk

Newly Enlightened
Still using the 1xAA Mule for my daily carry. I did switch out the LE for a DataLED module I have so I could try some rechargeable 14500's.
y2uny2y6.jpg

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
BB head while I source a new Ti one.
Light strokes from the pad give it a really nice finish.

8usequma.jpg

a7u3y4yp.jpg

a6e6y2y3.jpg

Before
eruhu4ug.jpg

What it looks like in hand.
u5yze5at.jpg

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
More like sponge stroke? Lol

And as luck would have it I just bought a head for this guy!
It's going to be a complete sponge stroked light soon.

Big thanks!

calflash

Enlightened
grnamin - is that a stone wash finish? Did you do it yourself? I'd love to hear the details.

Latest posts