Picture of your GIZMO !

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
koR8StS.png

nbp

Flashaholic
LS20 is one of the most aesthetically pleasing lights ever made IMO. All these years later and it is as modern and beautiful as it ever was.

archimedes

Flashaholic

mishi

Newly Enlightened
Here is my McGizmo Haiku XP-L(HI)! Such a great light. I love the XP-Ls. Great color and good throw.

8z9JAtR.jpg

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can finally add to this thread. Jumped on a version that Tana modded with the H17f and 219c. If a color can be happy, then it is this 4k temp, shaped with great respect by the McGizmo reflector.

Just got the blue o-rings installed today. The tailcap is one that I made.

gqsPTb.jpg

tE72rz.jpg

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added another Haiku to the collection today. There was a deal too good to resist in the sales forum so I picked up a 123 pak with tapped clip, 119V 3S with a slightly different looking XP reflector to the others I had which is what drew me to it. The reflector appeared to have a rougher texture than the beautifully smooth texture of the newer ones. With a bit of forum research I discovered that the reflector is from an older batch that went out when Don switched from XPG to XPG2.
Anyway I had a theory that this reflector would work with the 219B sw45k as it should smooth out the artifacts that I found unacceptable with the newer reflector mainly the monster eye type hotspot which I don't like. Turns out I was right, the older reflector does a great job with the 219B sw45k.
The 219B sw45k is a particularly fussy LED when it comes to reflectors and really needs to be matched well to get a good result, I'm fairly particular in that regard but I think this LED really is worth it when you get a good match.
I prefer the new reflector overall, works great with XPG2 and 119V and has more punch/throw, also looks prettier (as far as the finish of the OP texture). Previously after trying the sw45k (with the new XP reflector) and being unhappy with it I settled on mounting one behind the XML reflector which creates a great floody smooth beam with a smooth even tint. The beam of the old XP reflector/sw45k falls between the XML and new XP beam as far as flood to throw ratio.
Only particularly tinkering McGizmo fans will find this info interesting but either way I'll post a pic when I get a chance of the four Haiku reflector/LED combos I have (119V/new XP, XPG2/new XP, sw45k/old XP, sw45k/XML).
Finally a big thank you to member plaguem who obligingly offered me his unwanted Haiku at an excellent price which arrived in better condition than expected. The threads were caked with old grease and oxide which had seeped right through the LE threads. This cleaned up easily with some metho. Barely any scratches but removed the clip and restored the brushed finish quickly and easily with some turns in a scotch pad. Replaced the pak thread oring just for a refresh and blue lens retaining oring to a black one because I didn't like the aesthetic. The LED was fairly poorly centered so I removed the lens for repositioning, swapped out the 119V 3S for a 3S I had previously modded for my Sundrop. I'm really happy with the end result which essentially looks brand new.
I love playing with Don's lights, so solid and maintainable and mod-able. Just such great lights to use and carry. Can't say enough good things about the Haiku and Don's lights in general.

Last edited:

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Family picture of my current McGizmo's.
Each one is an amazing item. Soon gonna be on the lookout for maybe a LS27 or TI-PD s

a5200ec2bef35965c7fc14f22bc9d50c.jpg

da81ddfdbc698b6fbb7337c50589b4fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk