Pila 168S Battery Charger Question

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
In a few weeks I will be the proud owner of a Surefire L4. I'm a long time lurker here and I've rarely posted, but I would like an answer to a question about these rechargeable batteries called Pilas, specifically the charger for them. I'm trying to figure out if it will be cost effective for me to buy a charger and a 168S battery or batteries.

I love the concept of recharging vs. buying and throwing away 123A batteries, but the $25 plus price tag for one 168S and the cost effectiveness of a charger is something I will figure out. Now my question...If I only want to invest in one (1) 168S Pila battery and a charger, are there chargers out there that will charge only one battery at a time or do two batteries need to be in the charger to work?

I'm just calculating costs, and if I don't need two 168s batteries right now, why spend an extra $25.00 to $30.00?

Thanks for the replies in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You can charge either 1 or 2 batteries at a time with the Pila charger. The charger also works with either 168A, 168S, 150A, 150S batteries. The charger is also well made.

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
Wouldn't the output be less if you use the pila batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, 'cuz the L4 is regulated so output stays the same. Runtime should be around 50-55 minutes.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have researched this exact topic for a very long time, bottom line is it is an excellent combination with no loss of power. and Congrats!

Latest posts