Pila charger and AW 18500 protected cells?

ak645

Newly Enlightened
Will they work together?If so is the Pila charger a significant enough improvement over the dsd charger to be worth the extra bucks?Thank You for your help.

Andy

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Andy,

The newer version of the Pila charger will work fine. You may need to come up with a spacer if needed.

Tom

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
SilverFox said:
Hello Andy,

The newer version of the Pila charger will work fine. You may need to come up with a spacer if needed.

Tom

And the older version? I've used the older Pila charger to charge AW's cells, before. Is there some reason I shouldn't have?

BTW, the DSD works great. I don't see any need to spend the extra bucks for the Pila charger. Does anybody else? (I'm trying to get some answers)

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tom. Is the CH-02 a newer or older version charger? Thanks.

Trashman. I will choose the Pila charger over the DSD any day because of charge time. My batteries will be the 18650 (168A) and to wait 12hrs+ for them to charge isn't too appealing.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
And the older version? I've used the older Pila charger to charge AW's cells, before. Is there some reason I shouldn't have?

BTW, the DSD works great. I don't see any need to spend the extra bucks for the Pila charger. Does anybody else? (I'm trying to get some answers)
The new Pila charger is a Smart CC/CV Li-Ion charger but the original Pila charger relied on the circuit in the cells to determine when the cell was fully charged.