Pila GL3 or Pentagon X3?

Geode

Enlightened
Geez - these both look like great lights. The Pentagon does not have a clickie on/off or LED tailcap, but is HAIII. I have never seen the fit/finish/build of either light or their beams. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Check out my sig for the Pila GL3 passaround. You'll find lots of great comments there, and by searching the Reviews forum (search for Pila). Excellent lights!

I've never seen a Pentagonlight "live".

PoppyGoddess

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a X3 but a X2 from Pentagon Light. It is a X2 with OD finish. I have bought a Pila light from Brigade before, but although it's every bit tactical look, it's got roughness that I can see, probably because it is made in China. I don't really care where things are made as long as quality over price ratio (QP ratio) meets my expectation. Pila's QP is too long in my opinion. Their prices just don't justify their quality. The X2 I have is far higher as it is clearly a better made light. Surefire's plastic light is also a good buy in my opinion. Again, its QP is high because even though its Q is low, its P is low comparatively.

rgc

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PoppyGoddess said:
probably because it is made in China.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pilas are made in China? I thought they were made in Spain.

rgc

petevb

Newly Enlightened
I have an X2 and a GL3. Based on my experience I'd recommend the GL3 based on features. The Pentagon is better built, but harder to use and heavy for its size- it doesn't feel as good in the hand to me. The beam quality of my example is also not as nice... I like the rechargeable options on the GL3, and the LED tailcap is very useful.

Pila_Power

Enlightened
I reckon you'll find most of the worlds flashlights are made, in part at least, in China. It's just plain economics, I think because of the cheaper production cost.

I am no egg-spurt but it's my theory so I'm sticking to it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can afford it id say get a GL3R or was it GLR3? cant remember, its the one in greenLED's sig, I was able to play with that light for a few days and it was absolutely awesome.

Shane

Latest posts