Pila IBC Charger suggestion.

Spooby

Newly Enlightened
From what I have seen here on CPF it looks like if I go with a 18650 battery this is the charger to get. I think I found them online for $45. Is there a better suggestion anyone can offer?

I am also thinking of a different battery for my flashlight.

The flashlight I am interested in buying is the Klarus XT11 upgrade (820LM)

I have read that it might be more powerful or brighter if you will on two CR123's and even brighter on two 16340 (RCR123) and even brighter than that on two IMR 18350's... so here is my problem. I know I like the light for the flood over throw but it does have good throw as well I just like the flood of the Klarus XT11 upgrade. I am thinking about what batteries to run as well as a charger.

This light will be used as a bike light and taken off the mount and then used as a carry light.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I have seen here on CPF it looks like if I go with a 18650 battery this is the charger to get. I think I found them online for $45. Is there a better suggestion anyone can offer?

I am also thinking of a different battery for my flashlight.

The flashlight I am interested in buying is the Klarus XT11 upgrade (820LM)

I have read that it might be more powerful or brighter if you will on two CR123's and even brighter on two 16340 (RCR123) and even brighter than that on two IMR 18350's... so here is my problem. I know I like the light for the flood over throw but it does have good throw as well I just like the flood of the Klarus XT11 upgrade. I am thinking about what batteries to run as well as a charger.

This light will be used as a bike light and taken off the mount and then used as a carry light.

Pila was king of the hill when AW, Redilast and CalliesKustom were the kings of the hill for batteries.

That was back in '11 and '12. We're approaching 2014 and things are vastly different.

Look into the Xtar line of Li-Ion chargers among others.

It's always safer to run a single, larger Li-Ion cell than two smaller ones, in series. You have to be on the ball monitoring your cells to keep things from blowing up on you.

There are a lot of 18650 rebranders out there, so while they're not all the exact same, they're pretty much close enough to each other, for government work.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
:wave:Hi There!

I would recommend you purchase the 'Xtar VP1 Digital Charger'. When I first got into 18650 batteries several years ago, I did some research into the best charger to get and ended up buying 2 Pila chargers; they are great chargers and still considered very good chargers.

A couple of months ago I decided to try the Xtar VP1 and I really love it! It is in the same price range as the Pila and the same quality, but what I really like is the digital read out and also being able to put in different size batteries without having to use a spacer as you have to use a spacer with the Pila.

Hope my experience helps!!!
:whistle:

Latest posts