• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pocket Clip for Peak Eiger?

beerassassin

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a Peak Eiger as a gift, as it exceeds all my requirements except 1 critical criteria: it needs to have a pocket clip!

I see darksucks used to carry a durable looking clip but is not available at the moment. Oveready may have carried a clip at one point too.

My question is, are there any clips available for the Peak Eiger? I'm sure it's possible to use a clip from another light, although that doesn't seem like an ideal solution to me.

It needs to be durable and not flimsy. Looks come secondary.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Might want to try placing a "WTB" thread .... It looks like all of the "standard" clip options are currently sold out & out-of-production at present :eek:

beerassassin

Newly Enlightened
thank you both for the replies, and confirming my suspicion.

regarding the Preon clip, I'm guessing this is the one?
http://www.opticsplanet.com/4sevens-preon-clip.html

I thought I remember reading that the Preon clip is sort of flimsy. the person I'm buying the flashlight for... let's just say does a good job of finding ways to break things :rolleyes:

I noticed Darksucks also sells a Ti Preon clip that is currently in stock. would that work?
http://darksucks.com/store DS_PreonClip.html

gunga

Flashaholic
The preon clip is a bit of a loose for because the body is wider. Yes, it may be too flimsy for you.

The dark sucks preon clip should work, but again the fit around will be loose. Once you tighten the nut to secure the clip, it won't be loose anymore. You do have to hold the clip in place when tightening on, otherwise it will shift and fit poorly.

I believe the preon dark sucks clip is the same as the eiger one but with a bigger hole. Have not seen it in person. Though so can't confirm.

Curt R

Enlightened
The company that made the pocket clips for us went out of business two years ago and the China buyer of that company o longer makes that line of products. We have look on the WEB for a replacement but have not found anything yet. :mad:

Curt

VeloWeave

Newly Enlightened
The company that made the pocket clips for us went out of business two years ago and the China buyer of that company o longer makes that line of products. We have look on the WEB for a replacement but have not found anything yet. :mad:

Curt

Hey Curt, you should look into contacting Jason at DarkSucks.com and maybe partnering with him to make the clips readily available. I purchased one of his last Eiger clips and it works really great. He is currently out of production on these as it took him too long to sell out the previous run.

mau91

Newly Enlightened
I put a clip from a Streamlight Stylus Pro on mine. It clips on very tightly and won't be sliding up and down once it's on. The clips are available on Brightguy.

peakeigerwithclip.png

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great tip. I have old Streamlight Stylus Pro just sitting collecting dust. It was tough getting the clip off. Perfect fit on the Peak Eiger and it doesn't impact the momentary switch because it clips on. Thank you for the tip!

I put a clip from a Streamlight Stylus Pro on mine. It clips on very tightly and won't be sliding up and down once it's on. The clips are available on Brightguy.

peakeigerwithclip.png

mau91

Newly Enlightened
You're welcome! Happy to help.

Great tip. I have old Streamlight Stylus Pro just sitting collecting dust. It was tough getting the clip off. Perfect fit on the Peak Eiger and it doesn't impact the momentary switch because it clips on. Thank you for the tip!

san

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Streamlight Stylus Pro tip.
There's an Eiger that should be arriving soon. I ordered a high Cri short one from oveready. It just cleared customs and I hope it just went through without any import duties...
It'll be the coolest flashlight in the hospital, not that anyone would notice :)

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
My wife uses her Peak Eiger (Nichia 219 with momentary switch) at her job as an Emergency Room nurse. It's the same here too: it's the coolest light but none of the ER nurses or doctors notice, but she loves it. :D

There's an Eiger that should be arriving soon. I ordered a high Cri short one from oveready. It just cleared customs and I hope it just went through without any import duties...
It'll be the coolest flashlight in the hospital, not that anyone would notice :)

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oveready has great customer service - you won't have any issues with customs or import duties...

NowIC

Enlightened
The Arc AAA clip fits well on the Eiger pocket. Thanks to the others for their advice on where to buy a stand-alone clip.