• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pocket Rocket - 7th run SST-50 with 18650

LiveForNight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots OneBigDay! Now I'm really excited to get my Pocket Rocket. I like the shots on the trail. Really shows off how powerful download's little light is.

agrajag

Newly Enlightened
Hi Download,

After looking at RichS's beamshots I was wondering if I could go for the SST-50-W45S-F21-GH400 -----> 4500K and black boot tail cap.

Cheers

agrajag

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
pri0n, updated. :)

I got SST-50-W45S-F21-GH400 (4500K) & SST-50-W65S, WJ-G4, (6500K) already.
Due to the 5700K is backorder (8 weeks), if it does not show up in next 2 weeks, will change it from GJ201(5700K) to GJ200(5700K). Should ship faster.

Titanium:
Default settings: Cool White 6500K, L-M-H mode, Black tailcap.

HAIII Aluminium:
Default settings: Cool White 6500K, L-M-H mode, GITD tailcap.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'll take TI version.

3 Mode
Black Tail Cap

:paypal: Paid in full

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Enlightened
What's the regulation like on these?

I've searched the other threads but couldn't find an answer.

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
I looked also and couldn't find this info : What is the approximate OTF Lumens for this ? Any SWAGs ?

TIA

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sparkss, no approximate OTF Lumens yet.
Unscientific estimation only:
5%~44lm, 30%~260lm, 100%~700lm.

What are "SWAGs"? :confused:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sharp looking light Download, any aluminum ones left?
I'd like a cool tint and a GITD tailcap.
If theres room left on this run, great. I can wait till your next run( that'd probably be better for my wallet)

mglamb

Newly Enlightened
Hi download, I'd like to change my order (Ti number 6 on the list) to a 4500k emitter. Thanks!

mglamb

Newly Enlightened
Hi download, I'd like to change my order (Ti number 6 on the list) to a 4500k emitter. Thanks!

Having thought about this for a while, I've decided to go with my original choice of the 5700k emitter - thanks!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just sneaking in to subscribe and keep an eye on this thread.

I was thinking about an E2DL for a while, then realized I'd have to de-fang it, it wouldn't run so hot on 17670, I would need more R123s..... yadda yadda....

Then I come across this masterpiece, 700 emitter lumens with my favorite 18650 (carried a U2 for five years with the same 18650 inside - still works great too)..............

Since the alu is closed I will eagerly await the 8th run, in the meantime, I promise to drool only in the corner, and mop the floor after I am done. :p

Oh, and if anybody wants to give up an aluminium HA-Nat light place, talk to me...... :)

pri0n

Newly Enlightened
Just paid off the rest of my order! I forgot to say who it was from in the payment so if you need me to send you a paypal message or anything let me know, thanks.

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
I have to have one!! The titanium that is! Will send paypal and update post with trans id#.

How much of a difference will there be between the 6500k and the 5700k emitter?

Last edited:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Aluminium version, the manufacturer went out of stock of HAIII finishing body.
And sent me 2 times of other anodizing body, which I rejected already.
I am looking for the best alternative body right now.
Should arrive within 2 weeks and update here.
If it does not meet your standard, money back is no problem.

Ti version is not affected. Should be finished ~a month.

Sparkss, mglamb, pri0n, Thanks!

CarpentryHero, KevinL, if possible, will get a few more for sure.

mustang90,
6500k and 5700k are color temperture.
6500k is whitest of white (cool snow white)
5700k is like noon time of the sun, slighty warm compare cool white.
But only 6500K cool white is available.
:thanks:

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
Payment sent Download. :paypal:
Amount: $83.20 USD
Transaction Date: Oct 5, 2010
Transaction ID: 5A880336H6218482M

Ti default settings. Thanks again!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Aluminium version, the manufacturer went out of stock of HAIII finishing body.
And sent me 2 times of other anodizing body, which I rejected already.
I am looking for the best alternative body right now.
Should arrive within 2 weeks and update here.
If it does not meet your standard, money back is no problem.

Ti version is not affected. Should be finished ~a month.

Sparkss, mglamb, pri0n, Thanks!

CarpentryHero, KevinL, if possible, will get a few more for sure.

mustang90,
6500k and 5700k are color temperture.
6500k is whitest of white (cool snow white)
5700k is like noon time of the sun, slighty warm compare cool white.
But only 6500K cool white is available.
:thanks:

Thanks! I think I will pass, someone else can take my spot on the 'eagerly hopeful list' (not the paid list as we haven't paid anything yet). Someone contacted me and offered to let go of their light and I just received it today.

I'll say a few things about it...... first of them is :clap::clap::clap:

WOW, WHAT A LIGHT!!

Build quality is top notch. I have had the opportunity to paw many many lights over the years, whether off-the-shelf hardware or one-shot custom jobs, and the build quality of the Pocket Rocket is right up there with the best of them. Double O-ring sealing on both ends, GITD O-ring up front, GITD tail cap. Machine work looks great. Definitely a quality product that I would carry without reservation.

And as for light output, definitely a light cannon. The SST-50 and this reflector produce a diffuse hotspot with plenty of sidespill in a gigantic wall of light. For those of you who know and love the Surefire L4 LumaMax (LuxV version) - you are gonna love this. I've been a L4 owner almost 6 years and I know how the beam works.

Watch out for the heat; pocket ROCKET is appropriate when describing a 10+ watt heat source driven hard at full blast. After a few minutes at full throttle it becomes very warm. I bought the HA-Nat aluminium version; no money for Ti I'm afraid. But we do know that the heatsinking is working, it is escaping to the outer shell.

Knowing a couple of things about thermal management (primarily for computers, large routers and similar IT commodities), the pocket rocket is already doing the best it can without an increase in size. Even the LumensFactory P7 head, with enough fins to outfit a CPU heatsink, does get significantly warm during use. And it's got enough metal for a KT1 turbohead at that.

A good friend and I were discussing the issue today; we were questioning whether one actually needs three modes on a light. Usually you either want a low, or max blast, so 2 levels is fine. Well, I think the answer (for me) has been delivered: with the pocket rocket I would actually choose to operate it on medium mode most of the time, because it produces SO MUCH output. Its medium mode feels more like the high mode on other lights! It produces about 2x as much OTF lumens as the L4, which is inline with the spec.

In fact I did a battery check on the L4 thinking something must be wrong, as the L4 seemed too dim. Bad news: the DMM said the L4's doing fine....

Congratulations to download for yet another awesome product at a great price. No surprise he's doing run after run with these. :)

Keep drooling guys, I definitely think this is worth waiting for!!