Pocketable Jetbeam 1AA, where have you gone?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke:

Me wants a Small Anodized Aluminum 1xAA from Jetbeam, and they are not sold anymore.

The only 1xAA I see is the stainless steel Element. Nice, but heavy for EDC.

Preferably wide-range IBS, and broad voltage.

I don't need any pointers to used sales threads. I need a 2009 version.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a nice idea: a small, pocketable EDC-light made by JETBeam :huh:.

Something in the size of a EX10/D10 powered by a single RCR123A/AA.

rayman

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You're looking for the recently discontinued Jet I Mk IBS, which has the standard slim tube design of the Mk, with 2-130 lumens on AA, blasting out to 225 on Li-Ion (which is still the record for a mass-produced 1xAA).

Mine has been my EDC for some time, I haven't really seen anything in the < $300 range that I would prefer over it. Put up a post in the Want To Buy section, it's worth the effort.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link! this could be my first JETBEAM!
I have been most pleased with my Lumapower Connexion. So getting the Wolf Eyes Angel A took a while. I am glad I bought the WE Angel A because it is brighter on an alkaline than the Conexion is on a 14500!

This Jetbeam could be even better than my 2 level Angel A!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke:

Me wants a Small Anodized Aluminum 1xAA from Jetbeam, and they are not sold anymore.

The only 1xAA I see is the stainless steel Element. Nice, but heavy for EDC.

Preferably wide-range IBS, and broad voltage.

I don't need any pointers to used sales threads. I need a 2009 version.

:popcorn:

the JB stainless steel Element is a VERY nice EDC light. The extra weight is more than compensated for by the tough-as-steel :)laughing:) quality and good looks. The size is pretty compact and it can fit a small holster as well (e.g., the ones that come with the Fenix L1D).

Think back on what lights we used to carry on our person and maybe you'll consider that the "heavy" JB Element is quite acceptable after all!

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a nice idea: a small, pocketable EDC-light made by JETBeam :huh:.

Something in the size of a EX10/D10 powered by a single RCR123A/AA.

rayman
:nana:

jet.jpg

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
the new Tiablo TL-1 is close to JB specs but only the teeth that might bordering to some people.
But that is as close as the JB AA from my point of view in terms of UI and finish.
And AA cell friendly too ( can take AA or 14500 with no issue)
I love mine ( TL-1),initially it was for my wife but i let her have my LFT5XT R2 instead ;)

aled

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at buying a Jetbeam I Pro but I noticed 3 days ago that the Fenix L1D Premium Q5 was being sold for $35 presumably because it is being replaced by the L10. I've only had it a couple of days but it looks and feels like a very nice flashlight 9.7cm long and quoted as a maximum of 120 lumens running on 1 AA

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good idea. I dusted off my old CL-E the other day and was again impressed by the size and flawless ano. Too bad the switching is so touchy and the efficiency not up to par. Still shines, though.

Geoff

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I was looking at buying a Jetbeam I Pro but I noticed 3 days ago that the Fenix L1D Premium Q5 was being sold for $35 presumably because it is being replaced by the L10. I've only had it a couple of days but it looks and feels like a very nice flashlight 9.7cm long and quoted as a maximum of 120 lumens running on 1 AA

The L1D is a solid light, with very good efficiency, it'll serve you well.

Just don't try a JetBeam, as once you get a taste of the IBS interface, the Fenix seems awkward and stilted. I EDCed a couple of different P2Ds until I got my first JetBeam.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I got a Jet-I MK I.B.S. I think it is a 2008 model, though. I think it was my first Jetbeam.

I really only use it to find the pins on the inside of my computer to turn my computer on... but the retail price on the light is around $50 and in my opinion, it is worth much more than $50. So I'll hold onto it.

This thing gets really hot on high! :D

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I think it is my duty as a flashaholic to make you jealous. :grin2:

img0127ep.jpg

I don't know why Jetbeam is so shifty with their designs. In my opinion, they need a light or two that actually sticks around and doesn't disappear after 6 months. :shrug:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness they brought back and updated the Jet I to V3 :party:

IMG_3342.jpg

I no longer have to wonder where it's gone. :)