POLL: L3 Illumination L10 or Foursevens Mini MA?

Which should I buy?

• L3 Illumination L10

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Foursevens Mini MA

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
My gf damaged her light... again. Looking for a inexpensive replacement. She is going to put it on her keychain. So I came down to 2 options. Which one should I get her?

L3 Illumination L10:

$19.99
different colors
No s.o.s mode what-so-ever
No whining (haven't seen anyone mentioned it yet)
XP-G2
1AA
~79mm

Foursevens Mini MA:

$35.99
XP-G2
10 yrs. warranty
whines (I have the older version and it whines on medium)
waterproof (tested)
hidden modes (in case her car breaks down; she can use the strobe)
1AA
~78mm

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
Have you considered other options?

I know this is a matter of personal opinion but 1xAA lights are kind of big for a keychain light.

*Edit*
BTW I own a L10 and I'm just saying this because I have a hard time seeing myself put that on my keychain... :duh2:
I do own two lights that I do regularly put on my keychain and they are the FourSevens Preon P0 (which fits INSIDE the L10 BTW) and the Peak Eiger 10180.

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know this is a matter of personal opinion but 1xAA lights are kind of big for a keychain light.

*Edit*
BTW I own a L10 and I'm just saying this because I have a hard time seeing myself put that on my keychain... :duh2:
I do own two lights that I do regularly put on my keychain and they are the FourSevens Preon P0 (which fits INSIDE the L10 BTW) and the Peak Eiger 10180.

1AA is fine. She used to have an EZAA and ITP A2 on her keychain before killing them both.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Consider a 3rd option for $14.00 .......

This small Tripple A light (AAA)

TANK007 E09 Cree XP-E R3 120-Lumen 3-Mode WITH Memory

I like the Mode Memory feature ...

Med-Hi-Lo , but No strobe .

Also available in a Pinkish/red color - for her.

(just another option)

~

Last edited:

Imon

Enlightened
I thought about that but AA has more capacity than AAA

Btw tmg, where do I get one of the tank? My sister might want one.

You can usually find Tank007 flashlights on DX.
DX lights are great for modding but expectations for quality should be too high on your list. :)

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

edpmis02

Enlightened
L10 with a NICHIA 219. Perfect tint!

I have a Mini AA (first batch of neutrals). Good tint but skips modes to easily.

T45

Enlightened
L10 with a NICHIA 219. Perfect tint!

I have a Mini AA (first batch of neutrals). Good tint but skips modes to easily.

had that problem with my mini 123. I bought another one, that head was tighter, switched them, and now both are perfection!

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for your inputs. Since she destroyed 2 lights already; I went and got her the mini AA from Foursevens. The 10 yrs. warranty should come in handy. :shakehead

figuy

Newly Enlightened

*Edit*

How does the sub lumen mode compare between the L10 and P0? I have the L10 and I think the beam is too bright. I know the P0 is more of a flood, but if the output is somewhere between the beam and spill of the L10 I think it will be suitable for me.

Etsu

Enlightened
I have both the L10 and P0. They're very different lights. Overall, the P0 moonlight is brighter than the L10 moonlight. However, the P0 has a very wide spill, so illuminates a wide area very slightly. Good for close-up use, or for navigating around the house in complete darkness. The L10 is much dimmer overall, but the hot spot is a lot brighter, especially beyond a couple of feet distance. Good for picking out a single object in the dark, but not much good for general illumination. I like both lights for different purposes. For a keychain light, the P0 is a clear winner IMO. For a bedside light, the L10 wins (its 4 modes is nicer too, for a general-purpose light).

markr6

Flashaholic
+1
Mine lives in my pocket 24/7

+1 again. I see you already went with the foursevens, but check out the L10 w/ Nichia 219 when you get a chance just for fun. It's one of those lights every flashaholic must have!