Popular bulbs current draw; SF & other brands, incl hotwires

rikvee

Enlightened
mdocod, I've put those figures in, Illum, DM51 thank you for the kind words!

This list is also up here.

Don't know who originally put it there, highly appreciated though, to whoever it was, thank you!

lovecpf

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for the MN20 in this list, but can't find it. Did I miss it somehow? It runs just fine off 2x18650, I think.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I'm looking for the MN20 in this list, but can't find it. Did I miss it somehow? It runs just fine off 2x18650, I think.

There are some nomenclature problems with the list. The MN20 and MN21 are at the end of the '2 CR123 -6.4V' section.

In future, you could also have used the Ctrl+F on your keyboard or look under "Edit" in your browser and look for a 'search this page' function! But sometimes, I myself forget to use it!

recDNA

Flashaholic
The P61 pulls well over 2 amps from 2 fresh SF CR123A. Can those cells if well matched safely provide such high current draw?

rikvee

Enlightened
wow, remembered my password and everything.... haven't been around CPF for 5 years,
actually more like 10 years even.....

I wonder, is there still an interest in incandescent bulbs in 2016?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
wow, remembered my password and everything.... haven't been around CPF for 5 years,

10 years later, memory still intact: check.

The traffic probably aint what it used to be. But threads like this are a boon to those who do travel through.

The incan section is like a library. Nice n quiet with plenty of friendly chit-chat by friendly, helpful folks....and kinda like a time machine,
where those other sections are like "box store multi media centers". Noisey.

Thanks to all who've contributed, past present and future.

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have very much appreciated this thread's necro-bump! First of all, I am at a pre-school level when it comes to understanding draw and amps (even though I am a relatively long-time member), and secondly, when I joined this forum about the time this thread first started, I didn't have much of an interest in modding mags, and didn't pay a lot of attention to the incan side of things. Nor have I ever paid any attention to this thread as a sticky (mea culpa). I have fairly recently started getting interested more in fairly convenient hotwire mods (now that so many great bulbs have been long discontinued), and this thread is extremely informative. I cut-and-pasted several postings from this thread and a linked CPF thread into a word document.
Thanks to rikvee for presenting it to a new audience. Nice to have you back on board!

Last edited:

1pt21

Enlightened
10 years later, memory still intact: check.

The traffic probably aint what it used to be. But threads like this are a boon to those who do travel through.

The incan section is like a library. Nice n quiet with plenty of friendly chit-chat by friendly, helpful folks....and kinda like a time machine,
where those other sections are like "box store multi media centers". Noisey.

Thanks to all who've contributed, past present and future.

Couldn't have said it better myself friend!!!

So true, wish I would have thought of it myself... Damn good analogy!

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Holy Cow!

I just realized you were the one who started this 12 years ago.
:clap:

Yours and the others efforts are still being utilized.
Recently a new member enquired about getting about 150 lumens from a 3aa Brinkmann. Of course I sought out this thread.
Luckily FiveMega stepped in before I said anything proving my incan ignorance.

Again thanks for this thread.