Possible 21700 P60 body & tailcap?

texas cop

I think several e-mails from our forum to Lumen Factory might also be a possibility. They do have their own style and are to only manufacturer still dedicated to the Surefire compatibility. Maybe some ideas as to what we would want? Then a few polite inquiries into the possibility. They have responded to my e-mails within 1-2 days.

LogansRun

I noticed FiveMega posted earlier,I wonder if you did a group-buy if he would be willing to do it?
That's a great idea. I've picked up several FiveMega bodies to fit my E- and C-series SF lights. If FiveMega can manufacture a 1x21700 body to fit C-series heads and tailcaps, I would be all over that.

I think several e-mails from our forum to Lumen Factory might also be a possibility. They do have their own style and are to only manufacturer still dedicated to the Surefire compatibility. Maybe some ideas as to what we would want? Then a few polite inquiries into the possibility. They have responded to my e-mails within 1-2 days.
I have several of their e-series-compatible bodies and heads so this would be a great suggestion. Pls keep us posted when you hear back from them.

xml

As an owner of MANY FIVEMEGA lights, I’d take AT LEAST one! Purpose built D26 (P60) Host for the diameter and length of the 21700 would be amazing! I know the 21700s have a hard time/won’t fit in most of my regular chargers. I don’t want to have to worry about cell crush running a 21700 with spacer in a 26650 light.

FIVEMEGA—please help us out!!! :hitit::hitit::hitit:

Could be similar to this - https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...x26650-amp-2x26650-urefire-C-head-By-Fivemega or even the previous FIVEMEGA version of 1x26650 C head.

+

CPF has more enthusiast/modders/machinist/ than just about anywhere.

I bet if someone here made a straightforward 21700 P60 body & tailcap, that would fit Surefire & Solarforce heads,,
they would sell a ton =$$$:)

I'll take two:paypal:

Anyone else interested??

add: I put this thread here so it wouldn't get lost

Random Dan

Got an email response from Texas lumens. None of their can be made 21700 compatible but they are working on some designs that will be.

orbital

+

KDLITKER E6-21700 P60 Flashlight Host is the first 21700 P60, I believe.

Put it this way on the brand,, if Richard M was selling them on mtnelectronics, they would be sold out already.

stephenk

+

KDLITKER E6-21700 P60 Flashlight Host is the first 21700 P60, I believe.

Put it this way on the brand,, if Richard M was selling them on mtnelectronics, they would be sold out already.
I have an 18650 sized KDLITKER E6 and the quality is very impressive for the price.

Olumin

CPF Supporter
HZKqK.png

Now if they also make a 2x 21700 tube to go with the hound dog, that would be a reason for me to get into 21700s.

Last edited:

etc

I have broken a MD2 type body when I bored it a bit too much, the area where the threads are.

I really would not want to bore an existing 9P/etc. body for 21mm as it would make it totally unsafe and paper thin in critical areas. We need a dedicated, new design for the 2x21700 body.

Olumin

CPF Supporter
I asked Gene about this yesterday and he told me that he will probably be releasing a 2x21700 body in the future, but he is unsure of when. Thats all the info I got, but it sounds promising. Im waiting for the 2 cell body in any case.

DaveTheDude

👍😁 As long as we're all brainstorming in the same direction.
All...Kai Domain (KDKITKER) has a very nice 6P-type host (Model E6) made for 21700 cells, that retails for about US$12-ish. It's aluminum, hard anodized, and very nicely machined, with square threads and cleanly cut light knurling. If you don't want to wait for shipment from Asia, SkyLumen has a few of these E6 hosts available for about US$15.

KDLITKER also has an 18650 host available, for about the same price. At this price, you could easily experiment with different configurations, without a big financial commitment.