post stories of the durability fo your McG lights here!

McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
In regards to TSA, I have taken a carry on bag full of lights and I can't imagine what it must look like under the Xray. Only a couple times has there even been question or comment. Unless their rules have changed, there is no reason or justification for them to deny these lights as a carry on item?!?! Certainly some need to be shown that they are lights but beyond that?
icon3.gif

EricMack

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
No tools over 7 inches, thats the rule.

Guess you are safe to walk-on. :whistle:

PoliceScannerMan

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I knew my post was going to create a Mack-Attack. :lolsign:

Kiessling

Kiessling

Moderator,
BTW, I am sure my latest McGizmo creation is among the most durable lights ever built ... as it could withstand the dreadful gaze of my girl while I unwrapped it from its packaging. I nearly crumbled to dust under her blazing eyes, but the light didn't even shiver :D

mossyoak

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
so my PD went through the laundry today in the ruler pocket of my carhartts, not a drop or water in the light and im suprised that the battery wasnt affected by the heat of the dryer. hmm, all in all a dang good light.

PoliceScannerMan

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
mossyoak said:
so my PD went through the laundry today in the ruler pocket of my carhartts, not a drop or water in the light and im suprised that the battery wasnt affected by the heat of the dryer. hmm, all in all a dang good light.
I spilt some Grey Pupon on mine tonight, thank goodness for Ti, that Dijon is some strong mustard! :laughing:

Anybody got any real stories?

J/K MO, I have run mine through the wash too, comes clean dont it? :lolsign:

greenLED

greenLED

Flashaholic
My PD-S survived... lemme see... a little under 20 encounters with TSA people a couple of weeks ago. Does that count?

I don't know about durability, but lemme tell you, in some quality rural darkness back home, my PD-S lit up trees well beyond 30m.

Oh, and if any of you sell your McGizmo lights at a garage sale, would you mind PM'ing me beforehand? :nana:

S

senorcosas

Newly Enlightened
During the pre-rig for the Broadway touring company Dirty Rotten Scoundrels my 27LT fell from the grid to the deck.....70 feet! No one hurt but the 27LT bounced off the plywood/composite stage floor. When I came down to the stage, the light didn't work. I unscrewed the head and found that the positive end of the 17670 had been crushed in. Didn't have another 17670, but loaded it with 2 cr123's and IT WORKED perfectly! I can't even find any dings in the anodizing! However the stage decking has a 1/2" divot!

carrot

carrot

Flashaholic
I posted some passing mention of this before...

I work nights for a campus safety program, so I carry a light (usually a few, actually) on the job. My PD-S has seen most of the duty recently, and has seen a few drops and falls.

I suppose I could say I really put its water resistance and endurance to the test the night we had a campus-wide blackout. Due to the Nor'easter, we had a torrential downpour and by the end of the night were were completely soaked. Backup power was out for the most part, so much of campus except a few "lucky" buildings were completely dark. The PD-S was exclusively used that night, and survived the rain throughout my 7-hour shift. It laughed off the rain and I ended up only changing the battery at the end of the night, just before I got off duty.

Codeman

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped my Ti-PD-S onto the concrete floor in my garage from about 5 ft a while back. A small chip of concrete was knocked loose, but the Ti-PD-S took it like a man - nary a scratch.

Last week, I seem to be afflicted with clips catching on chairs. First, I lost my BM940BT knife at a doctor's office. Thankfully, they called me a couple of hours later, saying they had found it. Then, on Friday, my Ti-PD-S's clip caught on another chair in yet another doctor's office. When it snapped back into place, it was loud enough that I thought I might have broken it. As far as I can tell, it didn't even bend it.