Post your lanterns

don.gwapo

Enlightened
They are slipped on so your flashlight will convert into lantern in a snap.

Yes, they are opaque frost plastic top. I got all this accessories at BJ but other dealers also have it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Maybe from 40-60lumens. I intended it as a campsite lighter. Something that I will leave lighted up overnight while camping.
One night.... two nights.... give me your estimate in hours of total runtime off 1 set of batteries as a night could mean 6 hours or even 10 hours.
The reason is that 40 lumens off stock lanterns takes enough power that it would tax AA batteries but D cells on a two level LED lantern could do it well enough

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say from 7.30pm to 7am. That's about 11.5hours per night.
Based on a single night camp out.
I would be happy if the lantern can stay lighted the whole night on a pair of eneloops. I am prepared to bring in spare battery if I need to camp out for several nights.
Also if the physical size of the lantern to be as small as possible since I don't get a lot of carrying capacity on an Atv.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Say from 7.30pm to 7am. That's about 11.5hours per night.
Based on a single night camp out.
I would be happy if the lantern can stay lighted the whole night on a pair of eneloops. I am prepared to bring in spare battery if I need to camp out for several nights.
Also if the physical size of the lantern to be as small as possible since I don't get a lot of carrying capacity on an Atv.
You aren't getting any 40 lumens for 12 hours off a pair of eneloops even with the most efficient LED emitter out there. We are probably talking 3-4 eneloops for about 40-60 lumens for about 4-6 hours. To get better you would need to go do something like the 3D rayovac lantern using alkaline D cells and I am not sure what the low mode is

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Here's mine today, changes every weekend.......Missing from photo is a 07/1952 Coleman 220E, in the mail to me as we speak.

collection_smIMG_2169.jpg

collection_smIMG_2170.jpg

Top step, left to right
1990's 2-mantle Coleman propane, 09/1976 Coleman 2-mantle 220J, 01/1965 Coleman 200A, & 01/1959 Coleman 220E

collection_smIMG_2173.jpg

Middle step, 2 Century Tool/Primus 5400 Mighty Lights, 2 Campingaz Lumostar 270s, UCO Candle Lantern, Brookstone 4AA & 2 River Rock/Flavour Lights

collection_smIMG_2176.jpg

Bottom step, Eddie Bauer 4D incan, Brookstone 4D incan, & Rayovac Sportsman 3D

Dietz

Newly Enlightened
Those I have all restored/polished up. They're all Canadian, too.

Left to right: 4-66 model 200, 5-62 model 200, 3-73 model 335, 4-63 model 236 (500cp).

photo144k.jpg

Those are before they were cleaned up.
Top left to right: 1-45 model 168k, 2-84 model 625, 11-63 "nickel under paint" model 220E, 6-51 model 237 Empire, Bottom left to right: 2-86 model 325, 2-76 model 335, 1-65 model 200 and an unknown month 1970 200.
photo255.jpg

My pride, a seafoam 237 Empire from 1946.
photo155e.jpg

I Have a few Dietz lanterns too...

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnbaz

Newly Enlightened
Hi

A couple of Vapalux/Bialaddin, I bought the right hand one recently at a local bootsale for £3, it needs a new glass, mantle and pump seal..

Lanterns1.jpg

Camping Gaz lantern, a bit rusty after hanging in the garage for years!!

Lanterns2.jpg

Outwell 4D cell lantern that came with some fishing/camping gear that I bought second hand..

Lanterns3.jpg

I had a really nice camping Gaz lantern with a large white globe type glass until it got knocked off the shelf in the garage :whistle:

John :)

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted this. My collection has grown along with my knowledge of Coleman liquid gas and LP lanterns and stoves. My lanterns are now about 4 to 1 in favor of liquid white gas/LP to battery powered lanterns. My collection is too large to display like this:

Here's mine today, changes every weekend.......Missing from photo is a 07/1952 Coleman 220E, in the mail to me as we speak.

collection_smIMG_2169.jpg

collection_smIMG_2170.jpg

Top step, left to right
1990's 2-mantle Coleman propane, 09/1976 Coleman 2-mantle 220J, 01/1965 Coleman 200A, & 01/1959 Coleman 220E

collection_smIMG_2173.jpg

Middle step, 2 Century Tool/Primus 5400 Mighty Lights, 2 Campingaz Lumostar 270s, UCO Candle Lantern, Brookstone 4AA & 2 River Rock/Flavour Lights

collection_smIMG_2176.jpg

Bottom step, Eddie Bauer 4D incan, Brookstone 4D incan, & Rayovac Sportsman 3D

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted this. My collection has grown along with my knowledge of Coleman liquid gas and LP lanterns and stoves. My lanterns are now about 4 to 1 in favor of liquid white gas/LP to battery powered lanterns. My collection is too large to display like this:

Which is why I'm hoping Fenix is just "testing the waters" with their small 2aa lantern-ish light. I would love to see a good 1000+ lumen 4-18650 true lantern. If they used the same kind of tech they've used now in the LD50 and LD60 it would be perfect. It would be more consumer friendly too in that you wouldn't have to have exact matching voltages in your cells. Basically just put the TK61 on it's end Fenix, and put a good defuser over it. Oh and make it neutral. Actually put a secondary smaller defuser over the xm-l2 too to make the light softer. :)

Last edited:

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
somehow got linked to this thread from a lantern forum. Time to revive it, and post my lanterns! :) Both these collections have grown since i took these photos.)

Below are most of my LED and incandescent battery-powered lanterns, 75 % of them are modded for better output, tints, etc.

LED%20Lanters2015-01_zpsrcjp6bqp.jpg

Below are all my gas pressure lanterns in my museum collection:

MyGasLanterns-1_zpsszfnimyu.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
One of only two (2) Coleman Lanterns I have:

That's the Coleman Premium Dual Fuel Lantern. Literally my favorite gas Lantern from said company/manufacturer.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Here's the second Coleman (NorthStar PerfectFlow InstaStart Propane Lantern) I have.

5qfR5KWl.jpg

Cannot have too many of these.

Jesjes

Newly Enlightened
@denbarretsar :
what the hell is this crazy big one in the led picture in the right upper corner...?? Im not sure, but maybe i v seen it in a hidden forum last year? What happend with this project? It sounded so great!
By the way, are you the founder in the blf latern Project?