24956951m.jpg

24956952m.jpg

pretty domed lense
24956886m.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well the collection has grown.
A couple of 6p (original) incans added, another tan G2X Pro, and a yellow G2 incan is scheduled to arrive next week.
In the rear is a Malkoff MD2

L to R:
- Stock G2 X Pro w/lanyard added.
- P6 Original with clicky tail cap. (to receive a Malkoff M61NL)
- P6 Original with P60 mimicing Malkoff M61WLL and lanyard added to tac switch.
- Tan stock G2X Pro with lanyard added.

Front is a tan G2X Pro that'll get a black Malkoff tail stand switch (and possibly mod to hi only)

Rear is a Malkoff MD2 with hi/lo switch. (Threw that in since it looks so cool with the Sure Fires, almost like a 6/6C)

I'm also accumultating a few P60's along the way.

The yellow G2 incan is to receive a Malkoff tail cap and a solarforce tac head, and in time a Malkoff M61NL.

The nuetral NL model drop in gives off nice bright a 5 (regulated) hour run time at 130 lumens.
The WLL is a nice retro beam of about 75 lumens and a 10 hour run time.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
byk, did you drill out the tail for that lanyard? Looks handy. And it looks like you have been busy on Ebay. lol

Yes. It was something I'd never seen done and thought "hmmmm, wth."

The nitrolon ones were easy. 1/8" into the side and 1/8" down with 1/8" final size.
Hole was L shaped when done. A right angle dental pick pulled the cord through the hole.

The tactical cap was drilled down about 1/8", sideways about 1/16", then the "down ward" hole was oversized at about a 45° angle with a 7/64" bit. Same with horizontal hole, so the hole ended up at an angle throughout. Sorta C shaped. Exposed metal was painted with an expoxy paint pen.

The Malkoff was drilled 7/64" at a 45 the whole way. The HA coating required a small punch before bit would stop walking. A black sharpie epoxy paint pen was used to cover the micro scratches from the bit walking.

Each hole started out 3/64", then 5/64" then final size.

All of my SureFire lights have come from Amazon.

Edit: Another black 6P on the way. It is to get an ML61NL.

Hopefully one day a gun metal, a USA and an NRA 6P will be in the collection.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You're welcome.

I chose the L shaped holes on the G2's to leave as much 'meat' between holes as practical.

Drilling through the protruding lip of the Malkoff and the G2 made it easy to know I wasn't puncturing the cap.

The tac switch on the 6P was a roll of the dice. I had no idea how thick it was. Being a Sure Fire, I held it in my hand and figured it was plenty thick because it was so weighty. But I won't drill another one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Just bought Stevie Wonder's Sure Fire!!

Eh, just kidding. But it's so bright even he could see it.

10 minutes after opening it I decorated the logo with sharpie enamel paint pen...then inserted an M61WLL.

Bought it used, and it arrived with a new P60 and batteries.

Word to the wise...do not handle your yellow nitrolon with greasy hands.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Thanks

Wear is an issue, so I'll give the logo a good scuff with some course sand paper and re-apply when need be.
But this light is meant to be a beater, so there's no hurry.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Last 2 for a while.
Not shown are the yellow G2 and the black and the tan G2X PRO that were purchased to stash in the package.

The pictured tan one will be for nightstand use. It'll get a lanyard and some sharpie enamel decorating.

The pictured black G2 is getting tac head with that mean looking bezel and a Z59. It already has a Malkoff WL drop in.

It was kinda fun using the twisty cap from the G2 onto the tan one to twist on low, twist off, then twist on high...but the novelty soon wore off.

20 minutes later...

Waiting on parts for the black one.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Mr. Freeze- Those Old Ladies look as good now as they did back in the day! Bykfixr- Enjoy that G2, they are classics in their own right. I've got a couple here and there... :) I've always had a Surefire or three around, with a weakness for C2's for some reason. I think I'm up to seven. I don't have any worthy of the extremely rare SF's thread, but have recently purchased my first three crosshairs lights. Two early M2's (Centurions) with the Z44 style bezel, and an almost mint Crosshairs M3. I guess I need a pic of the whole gang... :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ yup, pix or it didn't happen.

I'm pretty much done with my sure fire fetish. I wanted one for each of the Malkoff drop ins I wanted to try.

The pair of 6p lights and a pair of G2 have the 4 different tints/brighness levels I wanted to try. I like the WLL the best as it closely mimics the P60 bulb.

The WL has a little more punch through darkness and I ended up liking the NL the best for self protection, so the black G2 that's getting the crenellated bezel is getting a NL.

Recent family photo:

The black G2 on the left got an Elzetta lanyard ring to hold the 99¢ lanyard. Nice little ring for $3.

Last edited: