Post your Wolf-Eyes Collection

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firstly the Thunder, I have settled on 2x cells maximum in my lights, easier to charge two than three. About the Fox, different to the Sniper, when focused the centre area is brighter than in the Q5 Sniper and when set to wide, the change from centre to spill is more gradual, more like a flood effect. If you like a smoother flood, the Fox set on wide is better...that's how I like mine.
Thanks for the info. BTW, nice beamshots in your sig-line link. That Thunder put all your lights to shame including your mag mod!! :cool:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't see any extra long bodies so . . .

img1033smallqq2.jpg

-LT

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. BTW, nice beamshots in your sig-line link. That Thunder put all your lights to shame including your mag mod!! :cool:

The Thunder and the Eagle with the WA1111 are definite flooders while the others are throwers, just look at the brush fence in the centre.

Glen C

Enlightened
Defender II are still made but will always be a rare item guys, they were not sold in the US which means total numbers will be low.

I keep my display stock in a nice Pelican Rifle case and it looks like you guys have a better set up than me! :twothumbs

Keeper, may I "borrow" that photo?

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run mine with the small extender and 3 x 18500's with the EO13. I am not sure about the runtime though, i have never run it for a complete cycle, it is one of those "go to" lights when you need lots of light (similar to a ROP) but not something that you need to run for a long time.

How do you find the Q5 D36? I was looking into one for the Explorer, i don't have a real need for it, but it will be another nice addition to the light which doesnt see much use at the moment.

The Q5 D36 is a nice module, but I only used it for a short time to test it out in my new Rattlesnake. It's very similar to my Q5 Sniper beam, but with a tighter spot for more throw. They claim it gives about 30% more throw, and I would guess that's about right. I decided to go incandescent in the Rattlesnake with the EO-9L w/ 18650s, so I'm selling the D36 on CPFMP. http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177646

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't see any extra long bodies so . . .

-LT

Very nice Lunal Tic! What combo is that 2nd light from the right?? I really want to get a 100x head for my Rattlesnake. How tight is the beam in that head, and is it a very usable beam for medium range, or is it purely for throw? Does it have an OP or SMO reflector?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Lunal Tic! What combo is that 2nd light from the right?? I really want to get a 100x head for my Rattlesnake. How tight is the beam in that head, and is it a very usable beam for medium range, or is it purely for throw? Does it have an OP or SMO reflector?

The second from the right is a Dragon I 10W HID w.LED tailcap.

On the Rattlesnakes the beam is fairly tight and round but not tiny. It's about 25cm at 3M. The reflector on the ones I have are mixed with textured down at the base up to roughly the tip of the bulb then smooth after that to the lens.

The long gun actually is a X bin LUX V on a tower though I may get it updated to see if I can get more light out of it. The lights have plenty of spill but the throw is what I like about them.

-LT

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Rattlesnakes the beam is fairly tight and round but not tiny. It's about 25cm at 3M. The reflector on the ones I have are mixed with textured down at the base up to roughly the tip of the bulb then smooth after that to the lens.

How does the M100 bezel/reflector compare to the M90 bezel/reflector as far as throw and spill. Can you get bulbs other than the WE for the M100 and in what voltages. The M100 Rattlesnake in the 2x 18650 form is the one light I was thinking of adding to my collection.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the M100 bezel/reflector compare to the M90 bezel/reflector as far as throw and spill. Can you get bulbs other than the WE for the M100 and in what voltages. The M100 Rattlesnake in the 2x 18650 form is the one light I was thinking of adding to my collection.

Couldn't say about the M90, don't have one. As for other M100 bulbs I only have the original W/E LAs so can't comment there.

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the light third from the left in your picture, isnt that a M90?

Actually it's a Pila GL4 but at that time the bodies of the Pila and W/E looked the same. I can't say if the LAs were the same however. If they were/are I could have a look and post back if you'd like.

Also just picked up a M90 13V-168R over on CPFMP. Should be here in a week or so.

-LT

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it's a Pila GL4 but at that time the bodies of the Pila and W/E looked the same. I can't say if the LAs were the same however. If they were/are I could have a look and post back if you'd like.

Also just picked up a M90 13V-168R over on CPFMP. Should be here in a week or so.

-LT

Once you get the M90 you will be able to play not only with the WE lamps but the Lumen Factory ones as well.....let us know the comparison between the M90 and M100 once you had a chance to experiment.

Glen C

Enlightened
Just a caution guys with upgrading a M90 to a M100 turbohead, there are now 2 turboheads, old and new. The new has a superior reflector and should reflect more lumens. The new head uses a globe which screws into the internal section of the M90 body. The older bodies don't have threads there so the new heads can only be used on the new bodies.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich - do you think you could post a side-by-side photo of the M6 and the Boxer? It would be an interesting size/form comparison :eek:

Regards,
Tempest
Sure Tempest - here's a couple of comparison photos of the M6 and Boxer from different vantage points to show the size/form differences. The most notable size difference between the two is the much larger head of the Boxer which these photos clearly illustrate, as well as the thicker battery tube.

2412356654_156900c131.jpg

2412356426_cd7c9350c5.jpg

2412356078_f289f5ef73.jpg

2412356256_e1a2aa2149.jpg

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
RichS - thanks for the comparison photos :) Just what I was looking for.

Regards,
Tempest

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to dig up an old thread, but.... I love my WE lights, so I had to post.

DLed5-16-08083.jpg
Nice Wolf-Eyes collection Tomcat! It looks like you're about to send that box up in flames! :eek:

What are you running in your Rattlesnake? Is it an LF EO-13 w/ 3x18650s?