Powerex MH-C9000 Malfunction.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, ladies, Haven't posted in a while. Good to see everything is in full swing.

My Powerex MH-C9000 has recently started to malfunction. Bay one keeps the LCD on even with no batteries in any bay. It shows a constant 125 Mah being applied with batteries in or out. The other 3 bays still function correctly. I have unpluged it numerous times with no change. Disassembly showed no obvious problems either.

I guess it's time for a new one. This one has served me well, charging many many times per week. My questions is this. Is this still one of the top chargers in this price range, or is there newer things that have come out since I bought this, I'm guessing maybe 5 years ago.

Thanks

Bill

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
In NiMH/NiCad analyzers the Maha C9000 is still the gold standard. If you don't don't need the analyzer portion the C801 or C808 might be a better choice since you can charger 8 cells at once.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maha C9000 bay 2 will discharge but not charge and it`s way out of warranty, I have had 2 Maha chargers and they have both went faulty, and i have a 100 chargers, oh i forgot i had a white angel charger from HK that died but apart from that all my other charger a working fine, I am have been using an only radioshack pulse charger, that i bought from tandy on the uk before they shut down and i love it.

John.

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, ladies, Haven't posted in a while. Good to see everything is in full swing.

My Powerex MH-C9000 has recently started to malfunction. Bay one keeps the LCD on even with no batteries in any bay. It shows a constant 125 Mah being applied with batteries in or out. The other 3 bays still function correctly. I have unpluged it numerous times with no change. Disassembly showed no obvious problems either.

I guess it's time for a new one. This one has served me well, charging many many times per week. My questions is this. Is this still one of the top chargers in this price range, or is there newer things that have come out since I bought this, I'm guessing maybe 5 years ago.

Thanks

Bill

The samething happened to one of my C9000. I took it apart and cleaned with a air can removing some dust first. Using a small paint brush (soft bristles) and alcohol I cleaned the PCB board and let it dry for one hour with the bottom cover removed. Also, clean all the contacts with a Q-Tip and alcohol until they shine. It worked for me.

Last edited: