Predator / Predator Pro. Tactical lights.

ven

Flashaholic
Unfortunately ( for me) I don't follow social media, so updates here will be appreciated :)

Raysbeam

Enlightened
Raysbeam, i too opted for the trusted v2.5 in both viking and predator pro flavours. Love them both, much prefer the warm predator over the cool viking though!

I want a predator xhp35 hi now..............(please armytek)

Very nice!!! I seen the different xhp Armytek lights on going gear YouTube channel. Check them out they are super impressive. Especially the 1600LM Wizard. I see a lot more Armytek products in my near future.

west aussie

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

Has anyone compared the Predator Pro V3 XPL HI version with the Doberman Pro XPL HI version in terms of throw? According to Armytek, the Doberman HI will throw 450m and the Predator HI will throw 540m. Has anyone compared these distances and would that be visible by eye?

rfl

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

Has anyone compared the Predator Pro V3 XPL HI version with the Doberman Pro XPL HI version in terms of throw? According to Armytek, the Doberman HI will throw 450m and the Predator HI will throw 540m. Has anyone compared these distances and would that be visible by eye?

The difference between 450m and 540m should be noticeable but perhaps not dramatically so. However, to my knowledge no one has independently verified Armytek's figures for throw. Recently I posted some beamshots of a Predator LE XP-L HI and a Dobemann Pro XP-L HI. I also posted shots of a flashlight that I feel confident is about 500m. I know it can't be much more than 500m and it out throws the Predator XP-L HI noticeably. The Predator XP-L HI and Dobermann XP-L HI have an advantage in that their spill is concentrated into a narrow angle and is therefor brighter and more useful than some similar lights. I think they are fine flashlights even if they do not throw 450m and 540m.

Here is a link to the post with those beam shots for comparison.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...earch-lights&p=4829965&viewfull=1#post4829965

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Guys,

New emitters will go out shortly. You can look at this thread.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/414744

Raysbeam

Enlightened
Wow Armytek the Predator Pro v2.5 is one great Thrower, I can't wait to try your new lights. Amazing products.

Last edited:

Screwball69N

Newly Enlightened
yes I have both the Predator Pro XP-L and the Dobermann Pro XP-L and there's not much difference I think the specs are off because the I think the Dobermann out throw the Predator

sU4RgWAm.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
have old cheap PC can only get translate to work every great now and then. Amazing amount of beamshots on that site though

west aussie

Newly Enlightened
yes I have both the Predator Pro XP-L and the Dobermann Pro XP-L and there's not much difference I think the specs are off because the I think the Dobermann out throw the Predator

sU4RgWAm.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

What, really? Doberman out throws the predator?
These are both non HI versions correct?

ToNIX

Enlightened
What's the difference between the Dobermann and the Dobermann Pro? I'm comparing the manuals, except for the peak candelas and the extra firefly mode, it's pretty much the same. Is this right?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
What's the difference between the Dobermann and the Dobermann Pro? I'm comparing the manuals, except for the peak candelas and the extra firefly mode, it's pretty much the same. Is this right?

Hi!
Yes, Dobermann Pro has FULL Stabilization (*Digital in Max mode) and XP-L High diode - so its beam distance is much higher than in regular version.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Looks like AT has made the effort to remove the CCT spec from their lights.
I guess now people can't complain when their lights' tint is off.
When are they gonna remove their CD and throw distance specs?

Good point. Without this information, "warm" doesn't say much. I hope they will had this info.

And we all know that the CD and throw are "higher" than in reality. I'm anxious to see the specs for XPH emitters also. I hope they will reflect the reality this time.

I often use HOPE with Armytek. I hope not to be disapointed. 🙂