Preon P1 MKIII

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you not clip it correctly to yourself?
I have NEVER had problems losing the light.

Well the iinevitable finally happened and my P1 fell out of my pocket somewhere. I should have learned my lesson not to EDC it anymore after a bunch of close calls.

Sorry, but until this flaw is fixed, I have no intention on buying another Preon.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lost lights. They've gotten snagged on my seatbelt :(. Found one, a preon1 I dropped in the fall on a gravel driveway that next spring. Changed the cell and worked fine, just a little dinged up.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you not clip it correctly to yourself?
I have NEVER had problems losing the light.

Yeah, that's probably what happened, I must have forgotten how to use these high tech, fancy pants clip doohickeys.:rolleyes:

It's the ONLY light I have had this much trouble with staying clipped to a pocket.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where you can find the copper one? Prometheus gave me the lovely answer of "we don't when our own items will ever be in stock"and I can't find it anywhere else.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't, I'd rather wait for them to be in stock vs getting someone's used light. Just wish there was any sort of ETA at all.
Great News!!!!
The recent kickstarter for the Titanium Preon 1 will allow a pre-order of the Copper Preon 1 and Copper Preon 2 at a discount. Check it out Here.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't, I'd rather wait for them to be in stock vs getting someone's used light. Just wish there was any sort of ETA at all.
I'll ask for You if they plan on stocking the website
Just got mine. really cool. The new Copper MKIII's have their own unique plastic insert to accommodate the sealed light.

Boxg.jpg

Re: Preon P1 MKIII Titanium

RUNTIME ON LOW = 40 hours

Tested twice with the included 450 mA paleblue battery. Should get much more with Eneloop or primaries.

Time is plus/minus 15 minutes, since that is about how often I checked the light. At ~40 hours she goes dark. Looks like about 1 lumen the entire time, but that is just looking at it.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Titanium P1's are in stock

RUNTIME ON LOW = 40 hours

Tested twice with the included 450 mA paleblue battery. Should get much more with Eneloop or primaries.

Time is plus/minus 15 minutes, since that is about how often I checked the light. At ~40 hours she goes dark. Looks like about 1 lumen the entire time, but that is just looking at it.
That sounds good. I'd like to hear your Eneloop(?ReCyko) results. I'll give Lithium Primaries a test and get back here.

Edit: Thursday 16:00hrs started runtime on Low with an Olight Lithium Primary cell
. . . . Friday . . 16:00hrs Low output still strong
. . . . Saturday 16:00hrs Low output still strong
. . . . Sunday . 16:00hrs Low output declined but still stable

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Titanium P1 runtime on Low

~ 81 - 86 hours using Olight Lithium Primary cell.

Edit: Thursday 16:00hrs started runtime on Low with an Olight Lithium Primary cell
. . . . Friday . . 16:00hrs Low output still strong
. . . . Saturday 16:00hrs Low output still strong
. . . . Sunday . 16:00hrs Low output declined but still stable
. . . . Monday . 01:00hrs Low Stable
. . . . Monday . 05:00hrs Lights out

New Edit:
. . . . If You're a Promethean, Watch for the new pass-around of the FourSevens Preon 1 in Titanium. . .
. . . . A clever clue for You all beforehand ;)

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the mode memory problem on the P1 MKIII ever get fixed?

To answer my own question from August 2019 the P1 MKIII single AAA light arrived 29Jan, 2021 and the memory bug is still there. Quark MkIII 16L LiIon 16670 light that arrived today does not have this problem.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer my own question from August 2019 the P1 MKIII single AAA light arrived 29Jan, 2021 and the memory bug is still there. Quark MkIII 16L LiIon 16670 light that arrived today does not have this problem.
Memory Bug ???
Please elaborate. First I have heard.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Memory Bug ???
Please elaborate. First I have heard.

I think part of the confusion is that two threads got merged, the titanium version discussion and the original discussion.

Memory bug after turbo discussion starts at post 337, defloyd77 first explains what I see in post 338.

Interesting. When I do it with low, it comes on in med. med comes back on low and high also comes back on in low.

You join the discussion in post 339
It sounds like the light is thinking there is an extra click. Try double dap(press) and hold without clicking. The light should be on momentary burst, while still holding complete the click. Does the level change or light flicker? If so there is something causing a switching trouble.
Try making sure the switch is fully seated by using a flat pencil inside the battery tube. If the switch is not fully seated You will have trouble because the amount of finger travel will be greater and affect it's switching ergonomics. All else fails send support an email and they will take care of You.