Present appreciation thread #8572

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
When a recentlly befriended girl I know got her degree, all my other friends got together and got her a purse as a group present.
I suck at presents, so I normally just go with them. This time, however, I went a different way, and had the idea of giving her one of the two E01s I had (the purple one).
I asked the other girls in the group what they thought of that, and my idea was met with a universal "weeelllll... yeah... it's, er, useful". Which translates from girl-speak to "I hope you never give a present like that to me" :p They gave me a few doubts, but I decided to go ahead with my idea anyway and gave the E01 to my friend.

She was enthusiastic, thanked me profusely and immediately attached it to her keychain. And she actually uses it - the other day we were walking in a dark courtyard at night, and before I had the presence of mind to pull out my NDI she had already turned the E01 on, and later the same day she used it to find a switch in the dark.
I asked her if she's finding it useful, and she said she's using it all the time and thanked me again. She also said many of her friends ask her why she has a flashlight all the time, to which I replied "tell me about it"...

I tried to push her to the dark side by showing her the NDI at full power, but it didn't achieve the desired effect :p I surmise she acknowledges a light is very useful, but can't see why she'd want a tiny lighthouse in the palm of her hand. I hope she eventually changes her mind :p

All this to say, I'm extremely satisfied that I found someone who's smart and rational enough to appreciate a light as a present. This is not the first time I've given lights away, but the others were received with much less enthusiasm (then again, they were fauxtons...)

All my friends are getting flashlights for Christmas. They may not like them, but hey, I have to try :p

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
inch by inch. lumen by lumen.

Good one! - lumen by lumen!
Funny I was just in this predicament. I have finally inflicted the bug to my siblings.
They now have their own torches that they EDC. :clap:

Last edited:

LumenMan

Enlightened
Good one! - lumen by lumen!
Funny I was just in this predicament. I have finally inflicted the bug to my siblings.
They now have their own torches that they EDC. :clap:

Let's all do our part to spread the EDC disease this Holiday Season ! :naughty::thumbsup: