• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Price Drop: L-Mini with High CRI Seoul

discoverEDC

Enlightened
* Withdrawn* Price Drop: L-Mini with High CRI Seoul

Terms: $45.00 USD, Money Order, Continental US, 1st class shipping included. The 1st I'll take it in this thread gets it pending arrival of the money order. I will accept 2nd dibs if the original deal falls through.

Host: ShiningBeam L-Mini. Runs on protected 17670 or unprotected 18650. Has low voltage cutoff. High, Medium, Low, Strobe, SOS + memory. The driver has a user adjustable pot on it (accessable from the battery compartment) that adjusts all three output levels up or down. High is drawing 1.4A, medium 360mA, and low 63mA at the tailcap. This is overdriving the emitter on high. Silver HAII with no writing and square knurling. Very regulated. Similar to HDS/Ra the light will drop to the next lowest level when the battery won't support the current output. The reflector is a Khatod smooth for Seoul cut down to fit. Emitter and reflector are slightly offcenter in the bezel, emitter is centered in the reflector. There is a gap between the tailcap and the body, I have a paperclip "spring" to make certain contact between the body tube and the switch ring contact (fits my 17670's).

Emitter: High CRI (93) Seoul, 4000 CCT, 60 - 70 Lumens at 350 mA, max recommended 800mA. Estimated out the front lumens on max is 100+.
Wall is 25' from the light in the beamshot. Big hotspot and wide bright spillbeam.

Original sales thread, review, pics:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177921

http://www.light-reviews.com/l-mini/

LminiMod1.jpg

LminiMod2.jpg

LminiMod3.jpg

LminiMod4.jpg

Last edited:

Nos

Enlightened
Re: L-Mini with High CRI Seoul

ouch 1,2A is way too much for this emitter >_<

i made a similar mod, using a dx diy host and a gd750, and the ssc p4 3000k cri93 :cool:

and i hate the colourshift at the side!!!! i had to buy a diffused optic, but the result is much better, i get the warm shift more into the hotspot now :candle:

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Re: L-Mini with High CRI Seoul

I was a little enthusiastic when I built it, I was looking for max output. It would be very easy to turn the drive level down. I estimate that the current to the emitter is 1000 - 1100 mA on high. The Khatod reflector seems to do a good job of keeping the colors blended.

Last edited: