Problem w/ Gerber Trio

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
This light is about two years old, got it as a warranty replacement then. However this one is having a problem that I find hard to believe. The threads are worn out, so worn that they won't hold the light closed. First, for those who aren't familiar with the light.
Flashlight Reviews 8/2004
Anyhow this light has been owned and operated by my 28 year old daughter, no extreme activities, lots of normal use as we live beyond the power lines. Still wear out the threads? As the light has their lifetime warranty, I'm sending it off for replacement.
I'm curious though if anyone has had a similar problem with this or any light.

IcantC

Enlightened
Wow so much for being tough!

Is it possible to get a picture of the worn threads? Also just wondering, were the threads ever lubed?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow so much for being tough!

Is it possible to get a picture of the worn threads? Also just wondering, were the threads ever lubed?

Well.... I try to buy lights w/ lifetime replacement. Our first LED lights were from C Crane, Tektite-rebrand, after replacing 6 lights they asked what we were doing with/to them :) We really just use them alot.
The light is shipped, sorry no pics.
Hey, I'm a flashaholic. Nano-lube on all lights in my household :thinking:

IcantC

Enlightened
Well.... I try to buy lights w/ lifetime replacement. Our first LED lights were from C Crane, Tektite-rebrand, after replacing 6 lights they asked what we were doing with/to them :) We really just use them alot.
The light is shipped, sorry no pics.
Hey, I'm a flashaholic. Nano-lube on all lights in my household :thinking:

Haha sorry did not mean to accuse you of being a non luber :laughing:. Since your daughter used it, I just wondered.

Well nice to see you put them through the paces and see what works.

I only have a Gerber IU/UI and I doubt I use it as much as you guys did(I use it everyday at home).

BTW I agree with you on buying lifetime warrantied lights :). Too bad we can't walk in and swap it on the spot like Craftsman:thumbsdow.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Trio at home new and unopened. I bought two of them about 8 months ago. I use the the other one quite a bit. If the Tritac uses AA's I may want to do a swap with you if your daughter does not like it, and if you are in the US.

Mike

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Trio at home new and unopened. I bought two of them about 8 months ago. I use the the other one quite a bit. If the Tritac uses AA's I may want to do a swap with you if your daughter does not like it, and if you are in the US. Mike
Her Tritac is now open, but is back in, an only slightly mangled package. :)
It does have a tail switch, not a clickie, a pushie switch.
How's a first class, delivery confirmation, swap sound?
We're in MN--In USA, barely.
Either PM or email, [email protected]
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Gerber_TRITAC.php
The Gerger TRITAC features a three position push button tail switch with three evenly regulated, indestructible white LEDs. The TRITACs innovative circuit booster provides superior luminosity and up to 80 hours of burn time from two economical and widely available AA batteries. Durable circuit is protected by two o-rings for water resistance. Includes open top nylon holster.

- Includes open top nylon holster
- Push button tail switch
- Machined aircraft aluminum housing
- Three Super-bright lifetime white L.E.D. bulbs
- 80 hour battery life on two standard AA batteries
- Up to 50' range
- Water-resistant
- Weight: 3.4 oz.
- Lock out tail cap
- Made in China

Last edited: