• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Production Views - Oveready / TorchLAB

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new technique does allow for new versions and materials.

What specific features and metal would you prefer?

While I only use P60 hosts, the idea of a hollowed out (lightweight) Triad in delrin would ring my bell. When the delrin tailcap is dropped, scratch marks are less obvious, and the somewhat light weight of delrin is worth the questionably minor loss of additional heat sink capability a tail cap can provide (I think). I love the delrin tailcaps! (Not sure how many you would sell. And the 'legs' of the triad could be hollowed out from the side face, perhaps. Maybe that would be not worth the added expense considering the small reduction in weight)

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I dont get why more custom guys are not doing e stuff. Every single time someone comes out with something for the e series they sell out. Drop ins, whole heads, Bezels, tail stand caps, everything. no one can keep them in stock. I wish one of the best custom guys in the game (you guys!!) would do some more E stuff...

Speaking for myself, demand for E accessories is intense but short lived. We made the first E Shrouds and sold through in short order, making more asap. The second batch is not nearly as popular, reducing my perception that more products are warranted. Still, even that should warrant a single production run!

While I only use P60 hosts, the idea of a hollowed out (lightweight) Triad in delrin would ring my bell. When the delrin tailcap is dropped, scratch marks are less obvious, and the somewhat light weight of delrin is worth the questionably minor loss of additional heat sink capability a tail cap can provide (I think). I love the delrin tailcaps!

1) We were planning on a few during this run (since its now possible), but ran out of time in a crowded and quickly closing 2014 production window.

2) Most of the cost of Triads is production time (vs material) so Delrin Triads don't cost less than Aluminum to make.

3) I'll see what we can do for the next batch (2015)!

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preview of the 4th Triad Batch, showing a new production method/capability:

Triad.jpg

I would be interested in getting one these before anodizing. The raw look is pretty cool.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new technique does allow for new versions and materials.

What specific features and metal would you prefer?

OK, so then I will bring up another, more specialized request:

On the standard delrin tailcaps: Is it possible to make a semicircular groove around the circumference of the end near the switch less than 2mm wide and less than 1mm deep, then at the end of the curved portion of tailcap, cut longitudinal marks sort of like the edge of a quarter but larger grooves? I think this feature would allow easier one handed use of the tailcap for zero res switches, providing more traction in that critical area against the skin of a palm and fingers. It is understandable that some prefer a smooth feel in that area for pocket use, etc., but as long as the 'near the edge' grooves are not too sharp, it could be an enhancement. And I totally understand if that idea is too specialized. One-handed use is important for some.

Perhaps now is a good time to thoroughly commend the Oveready Team for the diamondback texture of bodies and tailcaps. It has just the right level of comfort and grip in my opinion, as well as looking nice/different. Thank You So Much. (But I also LOVE the smoothness of the 2Z/6Z body and bezels. It is nice to have both)

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from the shop. Hope to finish dialing the new parts in for you guys this weekend.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Many people believe the CNC machine is so easy and it just spits out parts, but so many things can go wrong. Can you post any of the failed attempts?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Many people believe the CNC machine is so easy and it just spits out parts, but so many things can go wrong. Can you post any of the failed attempts?

Machine time is expensive, but the work is a bit like that expression, "the 2nd pill is one dollar, the 1st pill is a million dollars". It takes months and hundreds of hours to fully dial a complex part like the newest Triad. So when we finally press go the parts are coming out, but by that point we are usually so exhausted, it feels more like the end of the process than the beginning.

I'll see about digging up some photos...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Preparing for our upcoming production runs by respoolling a few hundred feet of our special high spec/flex/flow wire.

Not exactly high tech but still rather fun!:

DeWire1.jpg

DeWire2.jpg

Last edited: