• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Progress on August's Batch

I think so. Glad you like it. I still carry my mine more than most. I think he'll so a drop at some point but in the mean time he's talking about a few lottery lights. I think I miss spoke I think next drop will include Ti and ceracote

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Has anyone ever measured the lumen output across the various modes? For example, what type of output will you get from Low & Medium mode?

Also, in the light specs, it says "on-time memory"... Does that simply mean that the light will remember the last mode that was used after its been off for awhile? Or is this a time-sensitive type of memory and the light will eventually revert back to Moon Light mode after it's been off for awhile?

Thanks!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, in the light specs, it says "on-time memory"... Does that simply mean that the light will remember the last mode that was used after its been off for awhile? Or is this a time-sensitive type of memory and the light will eventually revert back to Moon Light mode after it's been off for awhile?

Thanks!

On time memory: it will remember the last used mode (after more than a few seconds).

If u want it to start at moon light all the time, u will need a no-memory driver or u can ask Jeff to reprogram it for u.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to get in on tonight's fun but I don't know how to go about ordering all the extras I would want... like trits and glow, specific LED, etc. Not sure what the difference is between the optic offered and the drilled option either, among other things. I haven't noticed an email address posted, but I don't think I'd be comfortable bombarding Jeff with 4th grade level questions anyway, so.... I have much to learn.

I recently made a critical error (which I'll have to live with) when placing an order for a Haiku, but that's what happens when a pup tries to run with the big dogs.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
A side note: Yesterday (after some thought and effort) I was able to acquire a star shaped tool, which I was able to use to remove the clip from my TinyDC. The light feels much better in my hand now. I'm so proud of myself. lol

You can attempt to get a hold of Jeff via FB messenger, although he maybe very busy and not responsive at this time. Here's what I know, I am by no means an expert
1. LEDs will be Nicha C, but if you have something specific in mind he can help out with that possibly.
2. All of the lights have come with glow, so I don't think it will change.
3. Ti will come with copper pill. (its upgrade on Aluminum if desired)
4. Sapphire glass is upgrade on either if wanted
5. Optics are the same, he can drill them out if you want to add trits. Not sure Jeff has anything to do with trits other than recommend size for you to get.

My advice is to secure a light and contact Jeff about getting add-ons before they ship out. I can't seem to find a way to do anything critically wrong with his set ups

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can attempt to get a hold of Jeff via FB messenger, although he maybe very busy and not responsive at this time. Here's what I know, I am by no means an expert
1. LEDs will be Nicha C, but if you have something specific in mind he can help out with that possibly.
2. All of the lights have come with glow, so I don't think it will change.
3. Ti will come with copper pill. (its upgrade on Aluminum if desired)
4. Sapphire glass is upgrade on either if wanted
5. Optics are the same, he can drill them out if you want to add trits. Not sure Jeff has anything to do with trits other than recommend size for you to get.

My advice is to secure a light and contact Jeff about getting add-ons before they ship out. I can't seem to find a way to do anything critically wrong with his set ups

Ok... yeah your probably correct about how busy Jeff is likely to be right now. Yes I understand answer numbers 1, 3 and 4 that you kindly provided. But... so the 3 trits in the TinyDC, that I was lucky enough to buy recently, were acquired and installed by its original owner? Haha I can just see me doing that.... I can see the "please help... I've ruined another expensive light" posts that would assuredly follow too. :)

Thank you for taking the time, sir. Much appreciated!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a second.... Luckyonion? Didn't I buy a light from you? Or maybe I'm confusing my seeing your username many times with someone I've bought from. Please forgive my horrible memory... I really need an external hard drive for my brain.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer, the most important thing is, be LIGHTNING FAST when hitting the buy button. These babies go in seconds.

Holy crap it's Slumber Pass! I haven't forgotten you, my friend and hero.

^^^This guy knows all too well how difficult it is for me to insert a round peg into a round hole.

Hey how 'bout I just try to order my light... then you can explain what I'm to do next? Shouldn't take more than 28 email exchanges. lol

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy crap it's Slumber Pass! I haven't forgotten you, my friend and hero.

^^^This guy knows all too well how difficult it is for me to insert a round peg into a round hole.

Hey how 'bout I just try to order my light... then you can explain what I'm to do next? Shouldn't take more than 28 email exchanges. lol

Haha....you'll have too send it to me so I can figure it out first, but I've been honing my teaching skills. I think I can do it in 20 this time.

okluma

Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm still around. And on here, just not quite as much as I used to be. I am super busy, shipping orders at the moment, but I'll make time for anyone to answer questions about one of my lights. Even if it was purchased second hand. Send me an email at [email protected].
I bought mine used so I don't expect an invite to Jeff's appreciation banquet but y'all will def see me at the after party! :bump:

Too late, I just invited you. :twothumbs

Hey Wimmer21, yes I believe you picked one up from me. That torch was built by Jeff himself including trit installation. He doesn't do it standard but was a special build I believe.