Proto V3 Serial 000 Torture Tests:
- I went to with an unpotted light engine to see if it can take the hits
- Proto V3 is made of 2011 Aluminum not 2075 Aluminum: Not as tough as 2075 but a bit better heat sinking.
- First run of 30 lights will be 2075. 2nd run of 30 will likely be 2011.
- Testing light engine will be a Quad White 2 + DriverVN4 + FS54 + Copper Retainer
- Dual Orings on both ends of the body installed
- Triple Orings on body installed
- HD Blue boot installed
- NO-OX-ID electrical conductive lube over all orings except for the 3 on the body
- Dual side coated 3mm tempered glass
- Optional suspension flat oring behind glass installed
- Standard matte Ti pocket clip
- HA III finished. Production body parts will be sandblasted before HA III over & gold alodyned over threads to prevent corosion.
- Clicky tail cap + standard head installed
- Acebeam 5100mAh Protected
- Loaded weight 11.5oz
- 135.mmm Long
- Head & Body 33.4mm thick
- Tail cap with clip 39.3mm thick
Just got done watching the videos that you posted so far on youtube and man you are going all out on those test and its holding up great so far. Glad to see you're excited about the light as i think we all are too. One question on the tail cap i noticed in your videos that everytime you ran over it that it turned off the light because it loosened. In normal use is it super easy to loosen that tail cap by accident? Not at all. I am also very very surprised that the tail cap and head smooth operation is retained after all the abuse.
Also Lets chat over at the new Torture thread. I will close this thread and only use it for production updates.