Prometheus Lights: AAA Beta-QR LIVE on Kickstarter

JeepsRcool

Newly Enlightened
DDS,
I was going to mention that YMMV with all Chinese mfg'ed items, but in this case I do figure it to be a variance in the QRs and not the BETAs.
2013-12-14132518_zps360246e6.jpg

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I finally have got my lights. The edges aren't sharp like some people noted. I was quite worry it would be uncomfortable to use. It's not a problem. The QR vary a bit I have one tighter fitting than the rest.
@DDS
My complain about the copper light's threads is the same as everyone here. Nano oil really do improve it a bit. I think the real solution is to replace the spring with a shorter one. The threads on all 3 models is pretty smooth. The spring is what causing so much resists. I guess the bright side is that it won't accidentally turn on.
@Avservice
Did you not find the tint outputted from the beta pleasing? :D

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok....I cleaned my threads 3 to 4 times and applied nyogel each time. After the last cleaning the threads feel better. I used a paper towel to clean the outer threads and q-tip for inside the head.
My copper does not turn smoothly. I don't appreciate spending this much money for the quality it has.

smrt123

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker, first time poster. After frequenting the forums as a guest for the past 3-4 years reading through all of the great reviews and info, I've found myself slowly succumbing to this flashaholic business, and have finally signed up for an account.

My collection is quite small at the moment, so I'm super excited to have my first "higher" quality flashlights on the way (one EN and one copper). For those that have already received theirs, can you tell me the end to end dimensions including the QR?

TIA!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Avservice
Did you not find the tint outputted from the beta pleasing? :D

Yes the tint is pleasing,as it was on the L10 most seem to like and every other Nichia 219 that I have but this does not really change my comments above.
To me the tint is but one feature and not all that crucial to me unless everything else is just right already.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Yes the tint is pleasing,as it was on the L10 most seem to like and every other Nichia 219 that I have but this does not really change my comments above.
To me the tint is but one feature and not all that crucial to me unless everything else is just right already.

What isn't right with this light?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
For size comparison:
8uzynunu.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, nice moonlight level! Does this light use the second generation Nichia 219? I think it is B.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
The 1lm is surprisingly useful and brighter than I imagine. It last more than 2days. My V11r 1xAA only last 24hrs at .2lm. I don't think Ver.B has 90+ cri at 4500K so it probably 1st Gen.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I didn't get the copper one, but my other copper lights are smoother than anything I own short of a McGizmo. I guess I'm surprised his turned out rough. My HA-III version has glassy-smooth threads.

I did notice the sharp edges and loose fit on the QR, but it clicks smartly into place and strikes me as much better than the loose, rounded-off nickel-plated versions I've gotten off the key rack at HD. Time will tell, but it feels like it should last longer than those...

I also think the beam and tint are much nicer than on my LD01.
Nothing is perfect, of course. I may be easily impressed, but for a "mid-tech" $40 aluminum light for the masses, I think this thing is a home run.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
I think they are okay, bit I think the Peak Eiger Nichia 219 Mule is much nicer.

I also prefer the neutral XP-G2s yellower tint to the Nichia 219's whiter tint, but I can see the better color rendition of the Nichia 219. Something that combines them would be awesome.

One of my EN models has a flaky QR, but everything else is acceptable. The copper version will be replacing my Fenix E05..

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I also prefer the neutral XP-G2s yellower tint to the Nichia 219's whiter tint, but I can see the better color rendition of the Nichia 219. Something that combines them would be awesome.
Not all 219's have that same perfectly neutral tint, and if you look at my thread on differences even between hCRI emitters you can see the 219 I have compared against the purely neutral light of the 119 Haiku.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
The third set of shots do have a really nice warmer Nichia 219. I'd love to mod my Sunwayman S10R with something the same.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another size comparison:
e5y2u9ys.jpg