Looks very interesting. I have one custom AAA light with the 219 and the light output is beautiful. Any chance you could add a trit slot or two to a version of this light? I like the idea of moonlight and a moderately high mode.
Hey all, thanks for the responses so far! To answer a few questions:
- UI is a twisty with no memory, moonlight is always first
- These will utilize an off-the-shelf QR but I've selected a "better made" one from the given options. The body will also be machined with tighter tolerance than the normal receptacle on a QR keychain. It will be a tad loose but not sloppy like the keychain QRs you might already own.
- The QR itself is fixed in size but it might be possible to get a smaller ring. Right now it's a standard 1" size ring that is already on your keys...or this one can replace whatever you have now. Going smaller makes it incredibly difficult to separate the ring segments to load/unload the ring...unless you go with really poor quality material. I do have one trick up my sleeve but I don't know if it will make it to production or not
- No idea on the run time, but it will be on par with any standard single AAA light
- Price will be "reasonable" ... probably around $60 but they will be made by a reputable flashlight manufacturer in China, not in my shop. I may have an "in house" version but that will be (if it happens) around double the price.
I have to say, the idea of them being produced in China by some other flashlight manufacturer lessens my initial interest some. I would be inclined to get one turned by you, or else not get one. It significantly decreases the appeal of a Custom design to me if Fenix (or whoever) is making them.
At least with the RM line it is a small local machine shop cutting them under guidance and direction of you, the designer.
Just my thoughts. Don't flame me friends.