Prometheus Lights alpha Series from Darksucks Info

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure guys, heres the options that i know of.
-up to 9 modes in whatever order you want
-choose one of three memory options
a- tradition mode memory, light comes on with last mode memorized/used
b- no mode memery, light will allways come on what mode you specify for frank to make the "default mode"
c- hybrid memory, light comes on with last mode memorized/used but will then revert back to the first mode of the sequence
-mode mermorization duration- change the amount of time required to memorize the mode your in. in .25 sec increments from .25 sec to 2 full seconds.
-low battery ramp down- light level will start to decline as battery voltage can no longer support the output. increases useful runtime.

i think thats all the option he has, he might have more. the UI i went with was 4 output levels of 100/1/20/50% in that order with a hybrid memory that will memorize the last mode i used but then revert back up to 100 percent. i like lights that have just high and low, but i figure this way i will have a couple of medium modes tucked away if i need them but wont have to allways toggle through them since it will go straght from high to low, them back up to high if low got memorized by the hybrid memory. i also shortened the mode memorization duration down to half a second. i also chose to go with the low battery ramp down. the light i had the driver programmed for will be a shorty, so i might need that 20 minutes of runtime instead of 15 (its a 3 amp driver), otherwise i dont think its a must for an 18650 body. after frank finished reprogramming the driver he even went ahead and mailed it over to jason for me. hope this helped clear things up a little bit.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks tab! That sounds like something I'd love to have done.

100%, 1%, 50% is just my style. And the hybrid memory is something I can really appreciate.

When you said he sent it to Jason, was this before Jason built your blue label so he could put it in?
Thanks again!

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1.
me too was wondering how this sending all works out.
great mode choices too.
thanks.

Thanks tab! That sounds like something I'd love to have done.

100%, 1%, 50% is just my style. And the hybrid memory is something I can really appreciate.

When you said he sent it to Jason, was this before Jason built your blue label so he could put it in?
Thanks again!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again!

the driver is for a bespoke model that jason is going to build (stone washed copper shorty!). right now were waiting for mouser to ship some 90 CRI xml-2's that i ordered. which brings up a very good point, jason's ability to work with customers is top notch. we have been exchanging emails back and forth about a bespoke light for 4 months. along the way ive sent him a 3 amp driver that frank programmed, some different TIR optics that should have increased throw over his current TIR offering, and some 85 CRI xml's that i actually decided not to go with since the higher cri xml-2's seem to be right around the corner. long story short, if theres anything you want on you light then just talk to jason about it. chances are that if you send it to him, he will work with it.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started with the Ready-Made and I'm very happy with the light. The MCE with the Ledil Boom reflector is a great combination. Beautiful floody beam with wonderful tint. Fit and finish are great. Lots of information on Jason's site and he explains all the differences between the Ready-Made and the Blue-Label lights. (Nickle plated Aluminum Driver Mount, Class II Threads and different finish.) He even upgraded the Ready-Made to include the Primary Seal Ring (PSR) - Jason didn't mention this and I thought there was an issue with my head seals. Jason replied to my emails and he is a great guy to deal with. I like the LMH UI and the memory is good for people who prefer to start on M or H.

What I really appreciate about this light is that Jason took his vision of what a great light should be and made it a reality. And he compromised his vision a very little bit to outsource the Ready-Made to make it a little less expensive and more available. I use The Ready-Made a lot. And every time I use it, I enjoy it.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which is the standard body that comes with the ready made? Is buying the other body an option or do you have to ask from Jason?

the standard body is the 18650. as for the shorty 18350 body its usually a special order request but he just made 10 of each finish a month ago. the shorty bodies are only sold as an accessory to the full sized lights. you can find them here http://www.darksucks.com/store%20SHORTY.html

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got the wait list email earlier on the delayed alpha blue labels. could be some 3 weeks wait, or less.
worth the wait.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard body isn't huge and you only save about an inch with the shorty. You need to decide if the compromise in run time is worth the slighly smaller size. If you regularly run your light on H, you might not like the shorty.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard body isn't huge and you only save about an inch with the shorty. You need to decide if the compromise in run time is worth the slighly smaller size. If you regularly run your light on H, you might not like the shorty.

Yup. You will get a quarter to a third in runtime with the shorty than what you would on the standard.

Last edited:

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
My Ready made showed up last week... and she's a beauty! Very nicely made. It is a bit larger than I had thought from the pics but to me a really good all-around size. This one is my night light, intruder, walk around the neighborhood w/the dogs go-to light so far.

One question I have for any of you more experienced light users. Can anyone point me in a direction to show how to switch out the rubber tail button? I want to swap out the black w/the glow in the dark green one I got in Jason's Journeyman Package... and I'm not quite sure how to do it. I've done some searches to no avail. Any pics or links would be greatly appreciated.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it redsnake!
Changing the tail switch cover is easy. Just take a pair of needlenose pliers in the small holes on either side of the spring and turn the set piece in the tail.

Then remove the retaining pieces (rubber and cardboard) and pull out the tailcap boot!

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
Glad you like it redsnake!
Changing the tail switch cover is easy. Just take a pair of needlenose pliers in the small holes on either side of the spring and turn the set piece in the tail.

Then remove the retaining pieces (rubber and cardboard) and pull out the tailcap boot!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's an easy swap. :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Jason shows it in his video on youtube if I can find it. I believe his youtube name is the same as his handle here.

redsnake

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again all! Got the GITD swapped out last night and it was a piece of cake... after I knew how it came out. :)

Here she is w/the new button next to my Haiku...

AlphaandHaiku_zpsa9f1339b.jpg

and for a little size reference...

AlphaandHaiku2_zps61cd7fc0.jpg

Latest posts