Provocative consideration on SF E2 efficiency

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
Ah, Brightnorm,
how polite of expression you are.
[ Shame that that can't be said about a certain young member posting in this topic ... ]
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

As to your request - I'm sure we'll get a response from *The Artist*. (Formerly Known as PK.)
Why, surely it must need a man with a Heart of Stone to refuse such an appeal !!!

lightlover
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightlover,

Thanks for that nice reaction. Then again, I've always thought of the British* as highly civilized, except when they attend soccer games!

What if that "certain young member" were actually an elderly gent? After all, our anonymity can cover a multitude of sins and discrepancies. Perhaps some members of CPF are actually Martians or residents of Alpha Centauri

* Can you clarify this "British/English" thing? It always confuses me.
(I promise this is last off-topic post for a while)

PS Do you know how can I put one of those "instant Graemlins" in my post?

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
Perhaps some members of CPF are actually Martians or residents of Alpha Centauri
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh-oh, Brightnorm. You've blown my cover now..

Better watch out for black helicopters heading your way..<Insert X-Files music here>
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Graham

Still trying to decide where I *should* be from..
tongue.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
and you dare end that with "respectfully"?! well those that emailed me got answered. you see they hadnt deid yet so how could i give results?
70 pounds for 2 batts and 1 charger
flat output
dont yet have the guts to leave it on for 45 minutes (est. run on NIMH)
email me for more info

btw- dont make me mad klaus- i have a light cannon and i know where you live! germany is in tennisee, right? it isn't? europe you say? how am i supposed to get there? how about if i ship the light cannon to you and you can blast yourself and send it right back?
wink.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
ROFLMAO,

OK this thread got back to a more civilized discussion - and thanks a lot to master PK for clearing up the clouds (no - I´m not in that parallel universe called LONDON - or wasn´t that a new flashlight from UK ? - anyway - in that case I would have written of FOG).

So actually my apples to oranges comparison was between bulb output and flashlight output which can make quite a difference. Point taken.

Aragorn - wouldn´t it be better to post some data on those 123 NiMhs here on the forum ? And no offense was intended.

Regards

Klaus

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
... that "certain young member" ...

Can you clarify this "British/English" thing? It always confuses me.
(I promise this is last off-topic post for a while)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brightnorm, now look what you've done - you've "outed" Graham as a Martian !!

Me - I was most careful to avoid mentioning anyone in particular.
"Now; no names, no pack drill ... " as my old history teacher used to say.
(Silly fellow, actually.)

Please, under no circumstances stop posting so-called "Off Topic" questions.

The nationalities thing - I live in London, England. That's within:
"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
[ There is a rather archaic and rarely used term "Albion", often taken to mean all of "the isles near Europe". Albion is therefore the British Isles, (UK of GB and NI) plus Eire, Ireland itself. ]

Within the UK, we Great British comprise England, Scotland, and Wales. People do refer to themselves as English, Scottish and Welsh, seeing those as the different Political and Cultural regions they in fact are. So if you are English, you must be British, but British includes Scottish and Welsh too.

"Brit" is just a contraction of British. It's often used as a wry or derogatory name: just as "Yanks" can be a term of affection - or otherwise ......

lightlover
smile.gif

Ps - re: CPF's own Graemlins. I'll put a how-to posting in the Café's "Topic: SMILIES WANTED !! " @ http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=22&t=000160

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
As nicely as Jahn explained the graemlins thing in the café he fell short on the political thing regarding his little islands
grin.gif

So while Jahn certainly was geographically, politically and factually correct I think brightnorm wanted to know about why he always gets that funny (bad) look and been turned down when approaching those lovely UK ladies and asking them "Are you english honey?"

Now there certainly could be several other explanations so lets try those first:

- Brightnorm shouldn´t use his flashlights on the ladies in the first place

- He might better have a M6 in his front pocket and not just an E1 - or vice versa

- The UK ladies might not like to be named honey

So if all this isn´t the case - which means the lady actually likes having 500 lumens blinking in her eyes, just loves that sight of brighnorms M6 in his front pocket and is going wild being named honey - then you can bet your next years salary that she is either welsh, irish, scottish or whatever else the english took over in the last couple of centuries and just HATES being asked if she´s english - to avoid such turn-downs the only politically correct question would be asking some strangly talking lady (I mean strange for an american
wink.gif
): Are you from Great Britain ? (Wouldn´t this include Ireland too??) I think this is even better than asking if she´s from the UK as this would certainly exclude Ireland, right ?

OK - after this threads topic might have pi**ed off half of the CPF community already (ok ok - I´m not saying that the other half does NOT like SF) now this post might have ruined my reputation finally to a perfect 100% - I guess I better run and hide
tongue.gif

Oh and Jahn - didn´t those funny guys in charge of running your country actually totally ban the use and posession of handguns a couple of years ago (with the effect of skyrocketing crime afterward) ?

Hmmh - and I didn´t knew you were so mad at me that you even need a gun now - how about having things stay with light-sabers for now -
lsvader.gif
actually I think with my 1500 lumen lightsaber ™ I still can defend myself pretty well - on the other side I just got my .45ACP back from some tuning today
smileyshot22.gif

Ok - running and hiding now
jump.gif

Klaus

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
Brightnorm, now look what you've done - you've "outed" Graham as a Martian !!

lightlover
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem. We Alpha Centaurans don't like to be associated with those Martian low-lifes. All they ever do is make those pointless crop circles..
Now if you will excuse me, I need to find out what's keeping those black helicopters.

Graham
alienblinl.gif

very_first_smiley.gif

pk

Photon King
Brightnorm,

Thank you for your kind words.
Most of our projects are driven by following priority sequence:
1) Purpose of tool.
2) Technical goal/method (power requirement/size/reflector shape/resistance budget/etc)
3) Ergonomic (size/shape/ switching methods/style/etc)

Fortunately, I had good opportunities to working closely with many exceptional machinists (tool makers) through out my career and their influences are in my design styles.
I'd like to create a piece of work that a machinist can display as a pride of his workmanship and skill level, while serving functions and excellent ergonomic as well as pleasing eyes.
I still enjoy cutting metals on mill or lathe when I can.

Anyway, below is your requested info.

Regards,
pk

P.S. I understand you weren't happy with your E2 beam.
If you can give me an e-mail, I'll trade you with another one to see if any better.

The-Beast.jpg

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Aragorn,

just wanted to make shure we´re doing Ok here

I think its a good idea to have those cells reviewed in-depth - if they work well and with some decent runtime it could be a nice thing - just that 70 pounds / 100 bucks sticker makes me kind of nervous as you do get a very nice rechargeable from SF for that money - (I mean E2(e) plus 123batts & charger = rechargeable SF) - or soon a nice digital E2-version like the L2 or A2 with charger too - hmmh - no pricing yet though.

Awaiting any data - how did the outout look like after that 45 minutes runtime you mentioned ? Actually this would be 60% of the 75 min with 123s and quite OK - the LiIons we saw on PKs site were labeled 550 or 600ma at 3,6V - so around 50% capacity and maybe would also give you 60% runtime.

Regards

Klaus

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can you say when master PK comes in like that
jaybee.gif

Thanks again Paul
luxhello.gif

Klaus

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pk:
Brightnorm,

Thank you for your kind words...
Regards,
pk

P.S. I understand you weren't happy with your E2 beam.
If you can give me an e-mail, I'll trade you with another one to see if any better.

The-Beast.jpg
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pk,

Thank you very much for your reply; it is much appreciated.

I suspect that my e2 is perfectly functional and reflects a design goal for which it is admirably suited. It's simply that my preference right now is on long-throw spot projection, which is why I EDC the Asp Taclite/Triad. I also carry various Surefires on a rotating basis. For me, maximum brightness combined with portability and small size are more important than military ruggedness, which is one reason I treasure my "primitive but classic" 9P.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your new lights.

Thanks again

Best regards,
Brightnorm