• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins now available! Up to 1780 Lumen.

easilyled

Flashaholic
thanks for that mate - but where can I get a host for those 26650 batteries that will take this dropin - still racking my brain what to put it in :shrug: :duh2: :tired:

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with using bodies to accomodate the larger 26XXX cells, but I thought I'd just throw 26650 into the hat in case there was a body that others might be aware of for it.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
so many questions - this dropin thing is new to me :duh2: and I have never owned a surefire yet.
does the surefire C2 have a C head? - as in will a C2 head fit the FM 26500 host thanks for your help peoplez :grin2:

Yes, a Surefire C2 uses a C head which will fit any of FM C head bodies. Most of the FM hosts are black thought and a C2 is gray. You will need a black head if you want it to match the FM 1x26500 host.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm not sure why he would want to buy a custom black C2 just for a black head when he can get a 6P head easy and cheap.

I was just trying to be helpful, following on from where you said that most C2s were gray. :shrug:

I was pointing out that if a black C2 was really important then it was possible, with the disclaimer that you'd probably have to buy the entire light because the heads are not often available.

Obviously if a 6P head is satisfactory for Glenn7, then that is wonderful.

Why did you bring up the fact that C2s were mostly gray then, rather than just recommend a black 6P head in the first place?

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because he asked about a C2. I did say that he would need a black head if he wanted it to match the FM host.

I should have said that he needed a 6P head.

I was not trying to be an a$$, sorry if it came across like that.

I was just trying to be helpful, following on from where you said that most C2s were gray. :shrug:

I was pointing out that if a black C2 was really important then it was possible, with the disclaimer that you'd probably have to buy the entire light because the heads are not often available.

Obviously if a 6P head is satisfactory for Glenn7, then that is wonderful.

Why did you bring up the fact that C2s were mostly gray then, rather than just recommend a black 6P head in the first place?

Last edited:

ktheo

Newly Enlightened
put me on the waiting list please

5.6amp, r5,
3 mode, high-med-low

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
I can order some 30 degree optics and modify them to fit as I do the narrow ones. They'll be $17 each. Care must be taken when changing and handling the optics. Best to use gloves, or very carefully handle around the rim. Oils from your skin deposited on the optical surface can affect output.

I have ammended the original post to mention the inclusion of Artic Silver 5 thermal paste with each drop-in. I will send a Q-tip with the thermal paste on it to be applied into the P60 socket on the host. I highly recommend the use of the thermal paste. It greatly improves heat transfer from the drop-in into the host.

kimitaka

Newly Enlightened
Hi
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Kimitaka paid for: 5.6A silver plated copper Drop-in: [/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]R5 Cool white 6200K minimum flux calculates to 1780 lumens. [/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]1 mode: [/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]$310 [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]extra outer Silver plated beryllium copper ground spring(How much is it?) [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]FETtie high current switch × 2 [/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]$48×2=$96 [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]International Shipping $15 [/FONT]

[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Total $421
[/FONT]
I sent paypal.
It has already paid on February 24, 2011.
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]ID: 1CB07932BB714922L
[/FONT]
Thanks

RCantor

Enlightened
Just adding in my old post that the solar force host with 1 layer 5 mil coper foil fits this perfectly. FM's C thread heads, heat sinked and turbo do not fit this. Their opening is too large.

paulsl

Enlightened
Any idea when you'll be ready to accept new orders and payments? I'm looking forward to one.